Computers and Programming 1
FEKT-BPA-PC1SAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course deals with introduction to MATLAB and Simulink syntax. Introduction to vector and matrix creation, manipulation and arithmetic operations. Introduction to programing and algorithms. Introduction to modeling of dynamic systems in Simulink.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Graduate of course:
- understands to introduction of MATLAB syntax.
- understands to principles of modeling in MATLAB/Simulink
Knowledge on the secondary school level is required, students should be familiar with principles of matrix calculus.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Attaway, S. MATLAB:A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving, Elsevier, 2009 (CS)
Moore, H. MATLAB for Engineers,Pearson Education, 2012 (EN)
Hahn, B., Valentine D., T., Essential MATLAB for Engineers and Scientists, Elsevier, 2007 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and computational seminars. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system. Students elaborate individual project on programming.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Student can obtain 100 points for projects realized during semester.
Language of instruction
1. VUT/FEKT IT system, users accounts.
2.Introduction to E-learning,
3. MATLAB - Users interface, syntax basics
4. MATLAB - Elementary vector and matrix operations
5. MATLAB - Elementary mathematical, logical operations and operators
6. MATLAB – Introduction to programming I. – control structures
7. MATLAB – Introduction to programming II. – function definition
8. MATLAB – Graphics and visualization
10. MATLAB – Introduction to Simulink
11. MATLAB /Simulink: Simulink model based on differential equations
12. MATLAB/Simulink: Practical examples of dynamic systems
13. MATLAB/Simulink – Introduction to Simscape toolbox
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
Exercise in computer lab
39 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer