Typology I - Residential Buildings
FA-TY1Acad. year: 2019/2020
In this course students learn the fundamentals of general typology and the principles of design of residential buildings in terms of architectural, operational and layout while respecting the principles of environmental protection and sustainable development..
Department of Spatial Design (UPT)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- The student gets a basic overview of designing buildings
- The student gains knowledge about flow relations and basic aspects of the apartment
- The student gains knowledge of typology of family houses
- The student gains knowledge of the typology of apartment buildings
- The student knows the normative requirements of residential buildings
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Neufert, Bell: Navrhování staveb (CS)
Norma ČSN 73 4301 Obytné budovy, 2004 (CS)
Štípek, J.: Stavby pro bydlení, (skripta FA ČVUT) (CS)
Odborné časopisy: Architekt, Stavba, ERA 21 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The course is completed by an oral exam.
Language of instruction
The series of lectures deals with the following topics:
- General introduction to typology of residential buildings design and aspects of housing
- Family house
- Apartment building
Students should learn the basic typology of residential buildings and orientate themselves in contemporary and historical architecture of residential buildings.