Typology IV - Public Buildings
FA-TY4Acad. year: 2019/2020
The aim is to make the students of the bachelor degree study acquainted with the fundamentals of designing industrial buildings, from wider land-use relationships, over industrial estates and individual plants, up to working environment and industrial interior.
Department of Design (UN)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of design of industrial buildings,from wider land-use relationships, over layout plan of an idustrial plant , design of an idustrial building, up to the working environment and the interior space of an industrial building.
- Typological species, its history and current state
- Processes, functional circuits and units, program
- Principles and possibilities of basic arrangement and form
- Built-up, structure and construction, technology and technology;
- Species characteristics and differences, allocation, urban context
- Tendencies and trends, prediction of further development, perspective, influence of information technologies
Basic knowledge of the technological development, at the level of grammar school.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Periodika: Zentralblatt für Industriebau, Architekt, Fórum architektury (DE)
Stýblo, Z.:Nauka o stavbách. Školské stavby. (CS)
Štípek, J.: Administrativní stavby (CS)
Řezníček Z.: Občanské stavby-stavby pro dopravu železniční, silniční, leteckou (CS)
Paroubek, J.: Občanské stavby - stavby pro tělovýchovu a sport (CS)
Fořtl K.: Občanské stavby-stavby zdravotnické (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Written examination in form of test. Admission to examination is conditioned by grant obtained at tutorials. The quality of work at tutorials is taken into account at the final classification of the examination.
Language of instruction
The course is devoted to special objects, regional and conurbation sets and areas.
Lectures will include the following:
- colleges, science and research, congress centres
- administrative and multifunctional buildings II
- sports buildings II, stadiums, halls, areas of top sport
- constructions for transport II / rail, air and shipping
- medical buildings II / hospital
- church buildings II, sacrum i profanum
- seminar paper: current topic, current trends, individual task
To make the students acquainted with the typology of industrial building desigb, from wider land-use relationships, over design of an idustrial plant or building, up to the interior of an industrial building.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance of lectures is not obligatory, attendence at tutorials results from the duty to consult the assigned work.
Type of course unit
12 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer