FEKT-XPC-POMAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course deals with the following five problems areas:
1. The financial aspects of a business.
2. The legal and tax framework.
3. Business activity in a market environment.
4. Monitoring of economic operations in the company.
5. The time value of money and financial mathematics.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
• to understand the rights and obligations arising from legislative obligations,
• describe the basic rules for the monitoring of economic processes in the enterprise,
• distinguish between revenue and costs, profit, evaluate the profit margin,
• to apply an economical way of thinking,
• to perceive the scarcity of the factors of production and the role of profits, wages, as well as interest and rents,
• interpret the financial statements, balance sheet and profit and loss account,
• explain the role of supply and demand in determining the market price,
• understand the role of financial markets and securities.
The Student should have the basic knowledge at the level of secondary education, in the area of mathematics then knowledge of the rules for the simple and compound interest and the partial derivatives of functions of several variables.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Aktuální legislativa, jako je Živnostenský zákon, Zákon o obchodních korporacích, Občanský zákoník - na úvodní přednášce budou sděleny odkazy. (CS)
TAUŠL PROCHÁZKOVÁ, Petra a Eva JELÍNKOVÁ. Podniková ekonomika - klíčové oblasti. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2018. Expert. ISBN 978-80-271-0689-9. (CS)
MEIXNEROVÁ, Lucie, Šárka ZAPLETALOVÁ a Zuzana STEFANOVOVÁ. Mezinárodní podnikání: vybrané strategické, manažerské a ekonomické aspekty. V Praze: C.H. Beck, 2017. Beckova edice ekonomie. ISBN 978-80-7400-654-8. (CS)
JANATKA, František. Podnikání v globalizovaném světě. Praha: Wolters Kluwer, 2017. ISBN 978-80-7552-754-7. (CS)
PEVNÁ, Jana. Vybrané kapitoly z finančního řízení firmy. Praha: Oeconomica, nakladatelství VŠE, 2017. ISBN 978-80-245-2225-8. (CS)
Podklady pro studium a internetové odkazy budou průběžně zveřejňovány v e-learningu. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is not classified.
Participation and activity on the exercises.
A written test at the end of the semester.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course .
Language of instruction
(1) Introduction, basic concepts, economic thinking, marketing orientation, financial markets and other issues.
(2) Enterprise and entrepreneurship. Assets and sources of funding. View of the economic situation of company financial statements-balance sheet, profit and loss account.
(3) Bank and supplier loans as a source of funding. Debtor, creditor role and interest. Credit risk, credibility and creditworthiness of the borrower. Bonds, and bond tradability. Shares as own source of enterprise financing.
(4) Types of costs, methods of their determination. cost models, break even point analysis.
(5) Accounting vs. tax accounting („daňová evidence“), tax and non-tax receipts, accounting documents.
(6) Corporate finance. Monitoring of economic activities in the company, the links between accounting statements. The introduction of the concept of account, ideological basis of accounting, accounting principles.
(7) The tax system of the Czech Republic, the types of taxes, tax techniques.
(8) Health and social insurance. Labor relations, charges and taxation employees.
(9) Business activity in a market environment; supply, demand and market price. Planned vs. market economy, special economic zones; formation of market prices.
(10) Time value of money and financial mathematics (current and future value, discounting and compound interest). Nominal and real values, inflation, banks and the financial system.
(11) Production resources, real and financial capital, money and capital markets. Capital return, return on equity, ROA and ROE.
(12) Summary, learning feedback.
The aim of the course is to give a practical overview of legal, economic, financial and other business-related issues.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Participation in seminars is required. Long period of excused absence only on agreement with the teachers (individual work).
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-TECH , any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-MET Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BKC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional
- Programme MPC-BTB Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, optional