Projecting and Production Simulation
FEKT-MPC-PSVAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course deals with the issue of innovation in production processes in the background in industry 4.0. Furthermore, the methodology of project solutions and project planning. Attention will be paid to the protection of industrial property and the basics of corporate logistics. Students will get acquainted with concepts such as additive production and simulation of production processes using modern simulation systems in connection with Industry 4.0.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The graduate of the course Design and Simulation of Production is able to:
- Orientation in basic terminology within Industry 4.0
- Participate in the work of the project team
- Participate in the work of the company's R&D center related to electrical production
- Create project documentation
- Determine individual logistics activities and their interconnection with the prediction of possible optimizations
- Determine logistics costs
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Sule, D., R.:Manufacturing Facilities, PWS Boston (EN)
Cedarleaf, J.:Plant Layout and Flow Improvement,Bluecreek, P.C. Washington (EN)
Kališ J., Říha M., MS Office Projekt, CPress (CS)
Maxa, J., Vyroubal P.: Řízení a správa dat (CS)
Ministerstvo průmyslu a obchodu: Iniciativa průmysl 4.0 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
20b. computer exercises
60b. final examination
Attendance in the computer exercises is required.
Language of instruction
1) Industry 4.0, basic concepts, RAMI model, Industry 4.0 model, current state in the Czech Republic
2) Industry 4.0 tools, IoT, IIoT, IoP, IoS and cyber security in a manufacturing plant
3) Modern simulation tools, optimization and sensitivity analyzes in production
5) Additive production technology, 3D printing as a part of modern production
6) Designing, how to write a project, project outline.
7) Methods of industrial property protection, patents, utility models, technology, design
8) Logistic thinking from the Middle Ages to the application of Industry 4.0 in logistics processes
9) Inventory management and their impact on profit in the company
10) Warehouse systems and use of applications from Industry 4.0
11) Handling of property in the company and packaging
12) Purchasing management in the company and the used electronic marketplace
13) The importance of transport systems in the company
The aim of the course is to expand knowledge in the field of Industry 4.0 with greater emphasis on the implementation of tools of Industry 4.0 and computer technology. The graduate of the course will be able to determine individual logistics activities for a manufacturing company and their interconnection with the prediction of possible optimization and determination of logistics costs. Gain an overview of the company's logistics strategy and global logistics management. Using appropriate methods (eg Saaty's method) he will be able to present his solutions in a suitable way and implement applications from Industry 4.0 into logistics activities.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.