FSI-6T3-AAcad. year: 2018/2019
The subject "Technology III" immediately follows the course "Technology II" and it is divided into two areas.
The first part of the subject contains all necessary information of the basic technologies acquired in the course "Technology II" and it is extended to the area of the steel production, the plastic behaviour of the metals and of the other types of conventional and unconventional forming technologies which are used in the engineering production. These are namely the methods which are used for the processing of the sheet metal, tubes and profiles.
The second part relates to the handling in the engineering plants. The students are acquainted with the flow of the material into the plant, inter- and intra-object manipulation in the foundries, forges, stamping shops, welding shops, machining shops, assembly shops etc., furthermore with the designing warehouse management, logistics, handling of waste and finished products, handling modern trends and management and economics of MM. Furthermore, the students are acquainted with the manipulation equipments, gases, liquids and bulk material.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The lectures and seminars will enable students to acquire knowledge of all kinds of so-called conventional and unconventional technologies, which are used in engineering plants for processing of sheets, pipes and profiles with using the sheet metal forming and solid forming carried out under cold and hot. They will get acquainted with the calculate methodology of the energo-power parameters and other important parameters of the forming processes, too.
The students will acquire the knowledge of the theoretical foundations of designing, carrying out the pre-project analysis, procedures and principles of design of MM and manipulating devices for between-object, internal-object and interoperable manipulation. Students will acquire necessary the skills in processing this project. Students will acquire necessary the skills of the designer in this project. They will learn to use the computer technology in designing of the handling systems, too.
The basic knowledge of the manufacturing technology, of the used manufacturing machines and equipments and of the knowledge of the manufacture mechanization.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SAMEK, Radko, Zdeněk LIDMILA a Eva ŠMEHLÍKOVÁ. Speciální technologie tváření: Část I a II., 1. vyd. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2010/2011. - učební texty
Žák,J.,Samek,R.,Bumbálek,B.: Speciální letecké technologie I, Brrno 1990, VUT - učební texty
HOSFORD, William F. and Robert M. CADDEL. Metal Forming: Mechanics and Metalurgy. 3th ed. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2007. 365 s.
DVOŘÁK, Milan, František GAJDOŠ a Karel NOVOTNÝ. Technologie tváření: plošné a objemové tváření. 2. vyd. Brno: CERM, 2007. 169 s. - učební texty
JÍLEK, Vladimír, Vladimír LÍBAL a František REMTA. Manipulace s materiálem: učebnice pro Vysokou školu ekonomickou. 3., nezm. vyd. Praha: Státní nakladatelství technické literatury, 1980
FOREJT, Milan. Teorie tváření. 2. vyd. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. - učební texty
Lange,K.: Lehrbuch der Unformtechnik, New York 1975,Band 3, Blechumformung
HLAVENKA, Bohumil. Manipulace s materiálem: systémy a prostředky manipulace s materiálem. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2008. ISBN 978-80-214-3607-7.
Eade, R.: Material handling first step forward automation, New York, 1993, Mc Graw-Hill Inc.
KUBÍK, Roman a Jan STREJČEK. Technologické projekty a manipulace s materiálem. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2015. ISBN 978-80-214-5260-2
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures which are focused on basic principles and theories of the individual sectors. The teaching is completed by practical laboratory exercises.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Conditions for Graded credit:
In the first part it's the participation in the seminar, the written test, the accuracy of the developing computational task and activity of the students during their processing.
In the second part, which is dealing with the handling of the material, the processing of the complex project of the material handling in the industrial plant is the condition for the gaining of the graded credit. The accuracy of calculations, appropriateness of selection manipulation means, originality of the solution and engineering project are evaluated namely. The attendance and activity in seminars are also required.
It is classificated to the ECTS grading scale.
Language of instruction
The aim of the first part of the course is to acquaint students with the technologies of the metallurgical production and the modern technology (conventional and unconventional), which refine and supplement of the overview of the basic technologies lectured in the subjects "Technology I and II."
The aim of the second area is to give to students a comprehensive set of information regarding of the equipments for the handling of materials, the principles of their activities, technical-economic parameters and operational characteristics. The adoption of the above information will enable to students the choice of the handling equipments at the technological processes and the designing of the material handling systems.
This subject is included as compulsory-optional at 3rd year of the general bachelor's degree. His choice is recommended if the student intends to elect Study M-SLE, M-STG or M-STM.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance in lectures is recommended.
Attendance in exercises is compulsory. The attendance to the seminar is regularly checked and the participation in the lesson is recorded. The missed lesson is possible to replace with another study group in the same week. In case, that the lesson does not possible to replace, the student will elaborate the complemental task.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Plastic behavior of metals, forming limit diagrams, material models
2. Principles of the manufacturing method of the semiproduct producing in metall industry - sheet metals and profiles
3. Fundamentals pipe production and shaping - process principles, parameters, forming tools and machines
4. The fine blanking technology - process principles and parameters, forming tools and machines
5. Roll bending technology - process principles, parameters, forming tools and machines
6. Deep drawing non-rotating shapes - process principles, parameters, forming tools and machines
7. Extrusion technology - process principles, parameters, forming tools and machines
8. Flexible tools forming - process principles, parameters, forming tools and machines
9. Brake bending technology - process principles, parameters, forming tools and machines
10. Setting MM in the enterprise, system approach, breakdown MM
11. The procedure and methods of designing and streamlining material handling
12.Automation in material handling planning and solving its own handling processes
13. Palletization, containerization, modern methods of material handling, trends and economic assessment of plans and projects manipulation
labs and studios
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Forming limit diagrams and their meanings
2. Linear approximation of deformation stresses
3.Calculation of parameters of strain focal point during rolling
4. The manufacturing of fine blanking part
5. Energo-power parameters during roll bending and calculations of springback
6. Calculation of wall thickness changes and control of forming force at tube bending process
7. The manufacturing of square container by deep drawing
8. Calculation of energo-power parameters at forming by elastomers
9. The manufacturing of component by brake bending technology
10. Individual allocation of a complex project dealing with material handling in engineering plants
11.Calculations and creating of table material relationships, display of material flow
12. Choice of pallet and calculation of parameters for design of rack in the storeroom
13.The layout and optimalization of interdepartmental logistics
eLearning: currently opened course