Diploma Seminar (R)
FAST-CW021Acad. year: 2018/2019
The contents of the course are linked to the Specialized Project (R) course. It focuses mainly on the production of documents for a construction technology planning project , with the option of considering the specific features of particular building companies participating in the practical training side of students’ tuition. Emphasis is placed on the modelling of the construction process, and the design of the spatial, technical and time structure of the assigned building project using computer support in order to achieve the optimum construction process. Production of documentation for a building site facilities design project, and documentation for the qualitative, safety and environmental requirements of a construction process.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will gain the knowledge and practical skills needed for preparing documentation for a building contractor concerning preparations for construction execution. This involves mainly the acquisition and extension of knowledge and its practical testing in the preparation of a model of construction execution, a technical report concerning a construction planning project, a project for the design of construction site facilities and the coordination of material resource supplies for construction work, the production of an inspection and test plan, and a plan concerning safety and ecological risks at the construction site, and technical regulations for the construction process.
Knowledge from the area of structural design and the execution of construction sub-processes, including quality requirements. Modelling of the technical and time structure of construction execution, the production area and the resources needed for construction execution, with the use of computer software. Understanding of economic tools for construction management.
Gradual concurrent supplementation of knowledge from the areas of the execution of construction sub-processes, construction execution and the use of engineering software.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The tuition consists of regular consultations with the teacher, the independent preparation of assigned parts of project documentation and the presentation of the produced parts of a construction technology planning project.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Compulsory attendance and regular consultations regarding the produced assigned parts of a construction technology planning project are required for the successful completion of the subject. Submission of the produced assigned part of a construction technology planning project concerning a studied construction project is required to obtain a credit.
Language of instruction
The course objective is to prepare the students to write a diploma thesis with the contents of construction technology project of the construction contractor by regular consultations with the diploma thesis supervisor.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Preparation of background documentation, production of technical documentation for an construction technology planning project concerning an assigned construction project.
2. Technical structure of construction site processes, technical standard .
3. Construction technology modelling of the processes involved in the execution of the assigned construction work, a detailed time schedule for construction execution and the coordination of resources needed for construction work, performed using computer software.
4. Budget for a selected part of the assigned construction work prepared with the aid of computer software.
5. Production of a building site facilities design project.
6. Proposal and optimization of the main construction machines to be used onsite.
7. Inspection and test plan for a selected construction sub-process being carried out for a structure under construction.
8. Creation of environmental protection plans and occupational health and safety plans in connection with the construction technology model of the executed structure – taking into consideration ecological and safety regulations during the execution of the assigned construction work.
9. Technical instructions for a construction sub-process, analysis, different variants for its execution, its assessment and evaluation according to optimization criteria.
10. Summary, completion of produced documents created as part of the diploma thesis, completion for the purpose of submission.