Reliability and Quality
FEKT-MPC-SAJAcad. year: 2020/2021
The main goal of course deals with takes part in the issues of reliability of systems with independent and dependent elements and using statistical methods in reliability. The students will also learn processes of back-up, reliability management methods, breakdowns preventions and fault-tolerant systems creating. In addition, the course deals with the implementation of quality systems in electrical engineering and problems of quality assurance approaches.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- define the basic concepts of quality and reliability,
- explain the basic problems of reliability,
- explain the construction of the quality system in the company,
- describe the basic tools of quality,
- explain the issue of quality system certification, product certification,
- controls the calculation of the basic indicators of reliability.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Hauschild-Mosch: Statistic fur Elektrotechniker, Berlin (DE)
Hlavička: Diagnostika a spolehlivost, ČVUT (CS)
Bednařík a kol.: Technika spolehlivosti v elektronické praxi (CS)
Základy spolehlivosti elektrotechnických výrob (CS)
Montgomery, D. C.. Introducion to Statistical Quality Control. John Wiley, New York, 1996
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures, computer laboratories and practical
laboratories. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
upto 20 points from seminars (student will receive these points by the individual work in the field of quality and its presentation).
upto 80 pointsfrom written examination.
The test focuses into the issues of quality and reliability discussed in lectures and seminars.
Language of instruction
1. Reliability of systems with dependence and independence elements.
2. Markov's processes. Markov's reliability models.
3. Static reserve, system TMR, NMR.
4. Dynamic reserve, duplex and biduplex system.Hzbrid reserve.
5. Models of failures, tree of failures.
6. Methods of reliability control.
7. Preceding of failures.Introduction of quality system in electrotechnical production.
8. Construction of quality in organizations. The introduction of a system of quality assurance. Quality system documentation in the organization.
9. Quality system documentation in the organization.
10. Economic problems of quality. The structure of the cost of quality in the product lifecycle.
11.Construction of quality in organizations. Audits.
12. Reliation between quality and reliability of products. Certification.
13. Evaluation quality in CR.
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with approaches to quality assurance and reliability of products and services.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans