Embedded Systems for Industrial Control
FEKT-MPA-ESIAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course aim is to introduce selected technical end ethical topics in English and to improve the presentation skills of the students in both English and Czech languages. Course includes a lecture on delivery of prtesentations and lectures on selected topics from the filed of embedded systems and industrial automation. Lectures are English language. In the last thord of the course students organized in teams present their chosen topics in English. The chosen topics are either strictly technical or the topic can adress engineering ethics issues related to safety, ecology and sustainability.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After the course student isc able to:
- deliver presentation on a chosen topic in Czech or in English
- estimate time needed for preparation of a quality presentation
- estimate time needed to deliver given topic and fit into the given time during presentation delivery
- choose suitable dress "level" for a given event
- explain basic principles and issues realted to team work
Knowledge of English at B2 level, at least partial knowledge of technical English, ability to speak in English.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lectures in english, complementary presentation videos from TED.com is used as well. Students in teams have to present a common presentation on chosen topic.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every year.
Language of instruction
1. Course rules, How to deliver presentations in Czech and in English
2. Risk and functional safety
4. Smart Grids
5. Physical layer, synchronization, coding and cabling
6. RS-232, RS-485, I2C
7.AS-interface bus and ASi-i Safety at Work
8. Ethernet and industrial Ethernet
9. Interoperability of communication systems
10. Student presentations
11. Student presentations
12. Student presentations
13. Student presentations
The course aim is to introduce selected technical end ethical topics in English and to improve the presentation skills of the students in both English and Czech languages.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Students have to organize themselves into teams and the team has to deliver a common presentation on a chosen technical or engineering ethics related topic (safety, ecology and sustainability)
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPC-KAM Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer