Technology of Forming
FP-BttPAcad. year: 2018/2019
The overal outlook basis of machinery technologies in cold metal forming and in hot metal forming. It contains physical and metalurgical basis of presented technologies. Basis chapters are; the basis laws of plastic deformation, the basis forming operations when producing metallurgical raw products, the forming in machinery-flat (cutting, bending, drawing of iron, extrusion and hamer forging and drop forging).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To obtain the outlook of machinery technologies, foundry work, forming and welding and parting of materials. The working of technological processes, the masteringf of the calculation of basic parametres with these technologies.
Knowledge of technological courses I. and II. year of study.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BAČA Jozef, Jozef BÍLIK a Viktor TITTEL. Technológia tvárnenia. 1. vyd. Bratislava. Nakladatelství STU. 2010. 245s. ISBN 978-80-227-3242-0. (CS)
ELFMARK,J.a kol.: Tváření kovů.SNTL Praha 1992,ISBN 80-03-00651-1. (CS)
DVOŘÁK, Milan et al. Technologie II. 3. vyd. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004, 68-178 s. ISBN 80-214-2683-7. (CS)
DVOŘÁK M. a kolektiv: Technologie II,Akademické nakladatelství CERM 2.vydání 2004. (CS)
KOCMAN,K.,NĚMEČEK,P. a kol.autorů,:Aktuální příručka pro technický úsek, část 8,vyd. VERLAG DASHÖFER, 1998, ISBN 80-902247-2-5. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course - unit credit requirements: participation in the exercises, delivery of assigned papers.
The examination consists of written and oral part. The final classification will be in accordance with the article No. 13 of the Rules for Studies and Examinations valid at the Brno University of Technology since 2004/2005.
Language of instruction
- The introduction to the technology of forming and innovation in forming
- The basis laws of plastic deformation
- The production of foundry raw products-iron, metal sheet, tubes, profiles and wire
- The technology of the cutting
- The technology of bending
- The technology of drawing of circular parts
- The technology of drawing of irregular parts
- The technology of extrusion
- The technology of upsetting
- The forging methods
- Roll forging methods
- The technology of pressing of metal powders
- Plasts in machinery of produkt
- The application of knowledge of machinery produkt for calculations for flat forming
- Experiment in forming
- The technology process of the cutting of plates
- The technology process of the accurate cutting of plates
- The technology parameter of bending
- The technology parameter of circular parts
- The technology parameter of irregular parts
- The technology parameter of extrusion
- The technology parameter of extrusion non-ferrous metals´
- The calculation of forming force by ramming, degree of plastic deformation
- The exsample of drop forging on machine hamer and the calculation of forming work
- The exsample of the rough forging on cross wedge rolling
- The calculation of isotropic plasts
The students´ acquaintance with basic engineering methods of technological calculation, their application on examples of formel parts.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Missed lessons will be compensated in alternative exercises by arrangement with the teacher.