Project management of innovation
FEKT-NPRIAcad. year: 2018/2019
Project Management (PM)is methodical instrument for preparation and realization of changes in general, including technical product and process innovation in the concrete. PM and its SW support is usable during study, for management activity generally and for industrial innovation of course. PM is needed attribute not only successful changes from starting stage to recognized aim but also necessary requirement of convincing project proposal and obtaining of necessary financial recources (grant angency, banks, risk capital, programme committies EU, etc).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Course offers knowledge and abilities development needed for planning, designing and control of changes generally and technical innovation in concrete.
Absolvent is able to describe and explain:
- inovative project (target, aim, outputs, activity, resources),
- each analytical steps (compononets, structure, functions, parameters, costs, innovation task),
- typical inventive task (technical contradicktion, physical contradiction, substance or field conflicts, technical function),
- recommendation for finding of solutins (heuristics, separation, solution patterns, scientific effects).
Absolvent is able to use: analysis of object, synthesis of innnovative solution, search of relevant information and knowledgefor problem solving.
Absolvent is able to create: report describing solution of a project.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Elaboration of semestral projects (SP1, SP2) and diploma project (DP) is requested where can be utilized topics mastered during course MPRI studying:
- data mining, - knowledge mining, - analysis of object to be innovated, - solution of innovative-inventive tasks, - verification of solution variants,...) and software support tools (analzsis, synthesis, data-mining, knowledge-mining, patent collolections, trend anaysis, semantic processor,...).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Microsoft Project Manual
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
1. Dynamic explanation of each topics in frame of lectures (L1-L13). Most of materials located in e-learning.
2. Exercising of each topics supported by Goldfire Innovator software (E2-E12).
3. Elaboration of "microproject" in frame of exercisis or outside. Presentation of TRIZ methodology application.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Written test 20 points. Project 20 points.
Examination 60 points.
Language of instruction
Projects. Innovations. SW and expert systems support. Associations(EU, USA).
Plan, realisation, coordination, range, time, cost, quality, people, communication, risks. Aim, purpose, outputs, activities, resources, control, check, presentation of results. SW support for PM.
Product or process analyses: components, structure, functions, parameters. Localisation of harmful effetcs. Significant tasks formulation. What to change after analyses?
Causal chain of functions. Check of validity. Rank of functions. Diagnosis. Why to change?
Technology development trends. Directions for innnovation. Costs and function relation. Methods for solving technology problems.
Solving of technical contradiction by recommended heuristics.
Solving of physical contradicktion by recommended separators.
Conflict model and recommended model solutions.
Technical function and natural sciences effects.
Expert system Invention Machine. Verification of proposed solving variants in comparation with www pages and world patent databases. Semantic search technology.
Practical using of the PM during study, practice and EU programme committies.
Learn, master and utilize:
- methodical and SW tools of the Project Management for planning, preparing and realization of changes in general and for formulation and solving of technological (product and process) innovation concretely.
- methodology TIPS (Theory of Innovation Problem Solving) and its software support Goldfire Innovator for analyse, synthesis, verification and data/knowledge mining.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme AUDIO-PU Master's
branch PU-AUD , 1. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, general knowledge
- Programme EEKR-MN Master's