FEKT-KPPAAcad. year: 2018/2019
Means of automation, overview of process instrumentation and standardized device interfaces, actuators. Controller and operator level of control. Manufacturing execution systems. Overview of industrial communications, industrial buses and networks. Industrial Ethernet.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student is able to:
- Divide and describe the function of automation devices in an automation system
- Describe the structure of servo, stepper motors
- Divide and characterize pneumatic actuators, including control valves
- Describe the reference model ISO / OSI and its layers
- List the basic fieldbus
- Describe the CAN communication
- Identify the basic characteristics of Foundation Fieldbus and PROFIBUS
- Define the advantages and disadvantages of industrial Ethernet
- Identify the basic properties of PROFINET and Ethernet / IP
- List the characteristics of real time operating system
- Define concepts deadline, timeliness, task, thread, a process deadlock
- Know the basic parameters for radio communication
- List and describe standards derived from IEEE 802.15.4
The knowledge of the lecture "Practical programing in C++" or "Programmable logic controllers".
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Lendryová L.- Pavelek M.: Návrh procesních systémů, Ostrava, 1996 (CS)
Zezulka F.: Prostředky průmyslové automatizace. Vutium, 2004 (CS)
Zezulka F., Fiedler P., Bradáč Z.: Prostředky průmyslové automatizace, elektronické texty, 2003 (CS)
Zezulka F., Hynčica O.: Průmyslový Ethernet, AUTOMA 2007/8, seriál (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and practical laboratories. Students have to write two projects and three tutorials during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
30 points from laboratories
70 points from examination
Language of instruction
Industrial automation introduction
Actuators based on hydraulics and pneumatics
Operator level control
Manufacturing execution systems
Introduction into industrial communication system
Industrial communications standards
Introduction to communication - example - RS232 communication.
Getting started with ControlWeb, training on example of a portal crane control.
The course is prepared to give the students a complete overview of the automation, inluding process instrumentation, controllers, SCADA systems. Students should gain knowledge in the area of industrial communication busses.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Lab works. Project.