FEKT-CPPAAcad. year: 2018/2019
Overview in means of automation, process instrumentation, industrial controllers, counters, timers. Programmable logic controllers, noisy immunity. Modular PLCs and modules spectrum. Software and programming languages of PLCs.Industrial PC for control and an introduction in real-time control. Distributed control systems. Introduction and principles of industrial communication buses (Profibus, Fieldbus, CAN, DeviceNet, Interbus S, P-net and FIP, LonWorks).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student is able to:
- Divide and describe the function of automation devices in an automation system
- Describe the structure of servo, stepper motors
- Divide and characterize pneumatic actuators, including control valves
- Describe the reference model ISO / OSI and its layers
- List the basic fieldbus
- Describe the CAN communication
- Identify the basic characteristics of Foundation Fieldbus and PROFIBUS
- Define the advantages and disadvantages of industrial Ethernet
- Identify the basic properties of PROFINET and Ethernet / IP
- List the characteristics of real time operating system
- Define concepts deadline, timeliness, task, thread, a process deadlock
- Know the basic parameters for radio communication
- List and describe standards derived from IEEE 802.15.4
The knowledge of the lecture "Practical programing in C++" or "Programmable logic controllers".
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Lendryová L.- Pavelek M.: Návrh procesních systémů, Ostrava, 1996 (CS)
Zezulka F.: Prostředky průmyslové automatizace. VUTIUM, 2004 (CS)
Zezulka F., Fiedler P., Bradáč Z.: Prostředky průmyslové automatizace, elektronické texty (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and practical laboratories. Students have to write a single project during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
30 points from laboratories
70 points from examination
Language of instruction
Industrial automation introduction
Actuators based on hydraulics and pneumatics
Operator level control
Manufacturing execution systems
Introduction into industrial communication system
Industrial communications I
Industrial communications I
Real-time control I
Real-time control II
week 1.-3. - Process instrumentation connecting - HW, communication programing - example - RS232.
week 4.-5. - Getting started with the ControlWeb system
week 6.-12. - Individual project - Control of portal crane mechanical model with ControlWeb
week 13. - Evaluation of the project
The aim of the subject is in overview of the all spectrum of means of automation from process instrumentation beginning from sensors, action members, counters, timers and control members ( electronic industrial controllers, programmable logic controllers, PLC and embedded microcontrollers following by means for visualization, supervisory control and communication systems for industrial use).
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Lab works, project.