Modern Wirelless Communication
FEKT-BMBKAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course gives a survey to the modern systems of radio communication and explains their basic principles:
History of wireless communication. Electromagnetic wave propagation. Antenna systems. Radio frequency and microwave circuits.
Design and analysis of analog electronic circuits. From digital circuits to microprocessors. Signal processing in modern communication systems. Mobile communication systems. Wireless optical communications. Satellite communication systems. Computer and communication networks. Digital television. Electromagnetic compatibility and communication systems.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Awareness in modern wireless communication systems and their basic principles.
The subject knowledge on the high school level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SLANINA, M. a kol. Moderní bezdrátová komunikace, přednášky. Skriptum FEKT VUT v Brně, 2010. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Evaluation of study results follows the Rules for Studies and Examinations of BUT.
Techning methods include lectures and computer laboratories.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The course is completed by a graded course-unit credit according to FEEC BUT regulations (up to 100 points).
Language of instruction
1. History of wireless communication (Poměnková).
2. Electromagnetic wave propagation (Láčík).
3. Signal processing in modern communication systems (Blumenstein).
4. Design and analysis of analog electronic circuits (Šotner).
5. Radio frequency and microwave circuits (Urbanec).
6. From digital circuits to microprocessors (Frýza).
7. Antenna systems (Mikulášek).
8. Mobile communication systems (Hanus).
9. Satellite communication systems (Záplata).
10. Wireless optical communications (Hudcová).
11. Computer and communication networks (Kolka).
12. RFID (Derbek).
13. Digital television (Kratochvíl).
The aim of the course is a survey in the modern systems and tools of wireless communication.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
52 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
doc. Ing. Jiří Blumenstein, Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Tomáš Frýza, Ph.D.
prof. Ing. Stanislav Hanus, CSc.
doc. Ing. Lucie Hudcová, Ph.D.
prof. Ing. Tomáš Kratochvíl, Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Jaroslav Láčík, Ph.D.
Ing. Tomáš Mikulášek, Ph.D.
doc. RNDr. Jitka Poměnková, Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Roman Šotner, Ph.D.
Ing. Tomáš Urbanec, Ph.D.
Ing. Filip Záplata, Ph.D.
eLearning: currently opened course