Standardization in Medicine
FEKT-ASTDAcad. year: 2018/2019
Standards for medical instruments –basic standard, electrical safety of instruments, standards for individual instruments (its relationship to basic standard), problems with medicinal gases, radiation safety, problems with metronomic, approval procedure for medical technique. Standards for health-care securing in exceptional and emergency situations.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Ability to view the devices from the position of both the designer and the user.
Medical diagnostic technology. Therapeutic and protetic technology. Imaging systems in medicine.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Chmelař M. : Lékařská přístrojová technika I – CERM, s.r.o. 1995 (CS)
Chmelař M.: Lékařská laboratorní technika – VUT Brno 2000 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the method of teaching and they are specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for successful course completion are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Language of instruction
Standards for health instruments – basic standard, electrical safety of instruments, standards for individual instruments (its relationship to basic standard), problems with medicinal gases, radiation safety, problems with calibration, approval procedure for health technique, standards for health care at extraordinary and emergency situations.
1. Standards for health instruments – basic standard
2. Electrical safety of instruments – diagnostic instruments, which are using electrodes located to patient.
3. Electrical safety of instruments . therapeutic instruments, which are using electrodes located to patient.
4. Standards for operation rooms and its working
5. Standards for ARO instruments and its operation
6. Standards for medicinal gases – requirements on gases, its distribution and requirements to instruments which are using it.
7. Standards for radiation diagnostic
8. Standards for radiation therapy
9. Verification instruments technical parameters in practical operation
10. Sterilization at healthcare – basic terms and standards for sterilization
11. Standard for materials in health care
13. Approval procedure for health technique – authorized testing laboratory, declaration about conformity etc.
The aim of this subject is partly to inform of students with problems, which are related with construction of health technique, with its introduction to operation, with monitoring of this technique in practice. The next aim of this subject is notice to reality which must be respected at purchasing of this technique.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms of monitored teaching are specified bu guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.