Heavy Current and Equipment Electronics
FEKT-ASPEAcad. year: 2018/2019
Distribution networks, three-phase networks and connection of electrical appliance with regard to medical applications. Problems with protection and protective devices, DC and AC power supply, rectifiers, stabilizers. Electrochemical power supply, UPS. Quality and construction of electric machines and apparatus (transformers, generators, AC and DC rotary machines).
Construction safety of an electric device. High voltage application at biomedical devices – lasers, photomultipliers, X-ray tubes, piezoelectric components. High voltage amplifiers. Electromagnetic compatibility
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The university students will obtain basic knowledge about function and properties frequently used heavy current electrotechnical equipments and machines.
For this course is necessary knowledge of electronics basics and knowledge from secondary education and knowledge from previous graduated courses.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Měřička,J., Hamata,V., Voženílek, P.: Elektrické stroje, ČVUT Praha, 1994 (CS)
Havelka, O. a kol.: Elektrické přístroje, SNTL, 1985 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the method of teaching and they are specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for successful completion of courset are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Language of instruction
1. Distribution networks, three-phase networks and connection of electrical appliance with regard to medical applications. Problems with protection and protective devices,
2. DC and AC power supply, rectifiers, stabilizers. Electrochemical power supply, UPS.
3. Quality and construction of electric machines and apparatus – transformers, generators, AC and DC rotary machines.
4. Construction safety of electric device.
5. High voltage application at biomedical devices – lasers, photomultipliers, X-ray tubes, piezoelectric components. High voltage amplifiers
6. Electromagnetic compatibility
1. Introduction to laboratory task. Acquaintance with laboratory instruments.
2. Basic electrical passive components at AC circuits, transient processes.
3. Construction and measurement to voltage half-wave rectifier, change of load sort.
4. Construction and measurement to voltage full-wave rectifier, change of load sort.
5. Stabilized power supply – load characteristic measurement.
6. Properties of electro-chemical power supply
7. Automated loader for medical apparatus batteries.
8. Measurement of transfer and load characteristic of single-phase transformer.
9. Testing of electrical safety health equipment.
10. Steppers for robotic health applications.
11. Measurement of switching power supply quality.
12. Isolation transformers and opt couplers
13. Test and substitute exercise
The aim of this course is to obtain of fundamental information about heavy current electrotechnical equipments. One from component is practical experience with power supply, rectifiers and construction of electrical an electronic equipments. As the next is to obtain of knowledge about distribution systems, connection of electrical appliances and its protection.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Laboratory exercise, credit test.