FSI-3CDAcad. year: 2018/2019
Introduction to CAD engineering. Overview of different graphics hardware and software systems, CAD in CIM system. Practical application of AutoCAD program system with engineering application tools used in the design and preparation of engineering documents of parts and assembly units. Practising in 3D Inventor program.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course offers all information necessary to manage constructional projects by using computer system AutoCAD and Inventor. The students learn how to compose constructional documentation in an optimal way. They will realize that CAD is only a support used for the constructional process which speeds up the work and makes it more effective, but definitely cannot substitute creative designers work and required technical knowledge.
Knowledge of the appurtenances of component drawings and assembly units.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. Autodesk Inventor: tvorba digitálních prototypů. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2012. Učebnice (Computer Press). ISBN 978-80-251-3728-4. (CS)
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. AutoCAD 2014: učebnice. Brno: Computer Press, 2014. ISBN 978-80-251-4154-0. (CS)
SPIELMANN, Michal a Jiří ŠPAČEK. AutoCAD: názorný průvodce pro verze 2017 a 2018. Brno: Computer Press, 2017. ISBN 978-80-251-4887-7. (CS)
MUNFORD, Paul. Mastering autodesk inventor 2016 and autodesk inventor lt 2016. 1. Indianapolis, IN: John Wiley, 2015. ISBN 978-111-9059-806. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit requirements: seminar attendance and projects delivery.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to introduce the facilities of graphical systems for constructional process support. Students will be made familiarized with widely available graphical system with engineering tools in application for technical documentation of machine parts. They will get basic experience in 3D designing.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is checked. It is not necessary to compensate for absence from max. two lessons.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction to 3D modeling. The issue of 3D modeling, CAD/CEA/CAM visualization.
2. AutoCAD. Options and settings.
3. AutoCAD. Review and commands.
4. Inventor. Setting and layout. Gauge board. Creation of layout. Dimensioning. Parameterization and changes. 2D attachments. Geometry projection. Extrusion.
5. Creating of 3D geometry. Mirroring, array hole.
6. 3D modeling - cosmetic changes. Fillets, chamfers, rotation.
7. Advanced modeling. Drawing, shell, patterning, material choice.
8. Creating reports. Assembly, welding, adaptability.
9. Metal parts. Styles, surface, profile bending, cutting.
10. Drawing documentation. Basic view, dimensioning, cut, partial cut.
11. Work on the model of specified part.
12. Work on drawing of specified part.
13. Completion of the specified part. Class credit.
eLearning: currently opened course