Seminar of Applied Thermomechanics
FSI-0ATAcad. year: 2018/2019
Application matters from subject „ Thermomechanics" on calculations concrete problems in the area: basic reverse and nonreversible changes state ideal gas; gas cycle - engine, gas turbine; solving reverse changes state in par; mixture of gases, gas and par, calculations with damp afloat; fluxion gas and par nozzles and diffuser; calculations heat transfer, calculations exchangers.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will acquire skills to carry out technical computation in the area of thermodynamics and heat transfer. Computation of heat engines and cooling systems. Heat balance of material and machine systems, in gases, vapors, buildings and technological processes
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Participation in seminar, solve of problems and answers on control questions.
Language of instruction
Make easy students examination from Tthermomechanics. Obtain practical view of problems thermomechanics.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Solve of two problems and answers on questions.
Type of course unit
seminars in computer labs
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Basic thermodynamic quantity. Problems data aqusiton these quantities. Dynamic and static pressure.
2. Basic action with ideal fumes. Compressor calculation.
3.-4. Gas cycle - engine. Thermal efficiency. Calculation circulation petrol and diesel engine.
5. Alternative fuel. Hydrogen.
6. Heat wave pump, HVAC. Heating and coefficient of performance. Effectiveness running.
7. Vapour, power cycle heat power station on coal, gas. Nuclear power station.
8. Humid air and his influences.
9. Fluxion gas.
10. Heat transfer.
11. Infracamera and its usage for heat transfer
12. Usage solar energy.