Precise Mechanics II
FSI-TP2Acad. year: 2018/2019
The course “Precise Mechanics II” familiarizes students with basic construction parts of precise mechanics and optics. Special attention is paid to optical details and knots, their drawing, dimensioning and fixing in technical assemblies. Also dealt with is the computer tracing of ray through optical systems.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course enables students to acquire knowledge necessary for solving problems connected with movements within instruments and devices of precise mechanics with respect to kinematic and dynamic parameters of the system.
Students are expected to have knowledge and skills necessary for solving problems connected with movements within instruments and devices of precise mechanics with respect to kinematic and dynamic parameters of the system.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Brát, V.: Maticové metody v analýze a syntéze prostorových vázaných mechanických systémů, , 0
Harna Z.: Přesná mechanika, , 0
Hand L. N., Finch J. D.: Analytical Mechanics. CUP, 1998
Meriam J. L., Kraige L. G.: Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
1. Evaluation of student’s knowledge consists of the following parts:
Final exam ……… 0 to 50 points.
Active participation in the lessons ……… 0 to 50 points.
2. Student can obtain 100 points at the maximum.
Language of instruction
The aim of the subject is to familiarize students with the solution of mechanisms movements within instruments and devices of precise mechanics with an optimal use of computers.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is checked. Absence from lessons may be compensated for according to instructions of the teacher.
Type of course unit
13 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Computer tracing of rays through optical system.
2. Intersections of rays with optical surfaces.
3. Ray reflection and fold on optical interface. Spot diagrams.
4. Matrix method of optical system description.
5. Drawing documentation in optical manufacturing.
6. Dimensioning of optical elements. Surface quality. Manufacturing precision.
7. Marking of aberrations of optical elements.
8. Overview of properties and applicability of optical glasses.
9. Examples of drawing and dimensioning of optical elements.
10.Fixing of optical elements in assemblies.
11.Fixing of lenses, prisms and mirrors.
12.Straight leadings, rotating mounting in precision mechanics.
13.Clutches and gear wheels.
seminars in computer labs
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Semester work: Display of aberrations of objective using spot diagrams.
2. Calculation of principal and focus points.
3. Entrance and exit pupils.
4.-13. Ray tracing, display of aberrations of axis and off axis points.
eLearning: currently opened course