FSI-HTNAcad. year: 2018/2019
The course deals with following topics: Types of forming tools - simple tools, follow-tools, combined tools, compound tools. Also dealt with is the design of tools for cutting, punching, blanking, bending, deep drawing, extrusion, forging. The course focuses also on the design elements of tools including technological and design computations, materials for tools as well as on special tools for small number of products.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will acquire knowledge of the tool design, as well as skills mecessary for proposing a concept of a tool for various forming technologies including application of design parameters.
Knowledge of forming technology. Knowledge of engineering drawing, rules for fitting, types of materials for tools. Knowledge of stress analysis and technological steps.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
NOVOTNÝ, Karel. Tvářecí nástroje. Brno: Vysoké učení technické, 1992. ISBN isbn80-214-0401-9. (CS)
KOTOUČ, Jiří. Tvářecí nástroje. Praha: České vysoké učení technické, 1993. ISBN isbn 80-01-01003-1.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is awarded on condition of having mastered the basics of design of tools and attended the exercices. The teacher may in justified cases set a special conditions.
Language of instruction
The aim is for students to master the rules for design of forming tools for various technologies including checking calculation and design of material
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance in exercises is necessary. Missed lessons may be compensated for via a make-up tasks by arrangement with the techer.
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. The rules for design of forming tools - tools for punching, cutting
2. Punches, stops, guide gibs, guiding of strip
3. Equipment for centering of strip, application of hard metal
4. Strength calculation of tool
5. Tools for small number of pieces, tools for bending
6. Tools for deep drawing, for spinning
7. Tools for direct and back extrusion
8. Tools for free forging, influences on service life of tools
9. Tools for drop forging on hammers
10. Tools for drop forging on mechanical vertical presses
11. Tools for forging on screw presses
12. Tools for forging on horizontal mechanical presses
13. Material of dies, cutting of forging pieces
39 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1.- 2. The rules for design of forming tools, standards, beginning of design of step tool for given part
3. - 7. Design of forming tool including calculation and technical report
8. The rules for design of dies for drop forging, beginning of design of die for given forging piece
9. - 13. Design of die including calculation and technical report
eLearning: currently opened course