Prices in Construction
ÚSI-ERCEVAcad. year: 2018/2019
Content of this subject is evaluation of construction works with preparation of budget in accordance with individual cost section with the help of item budget and costs and income calculation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students gain knowledge and practical skills for evaluation of construction works, ability of cost control in the preparation and progress of construction with the help of selected software products.
Basic knowledge from economy and civil engineering required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
MARKOVÁ, L. Ceny ve stavebnictví, VUT FAST (CS)
TICHÁ, A. a kol.: Rozpočtování a kalkulace ve výstavbě díl I. VUT FAST, 2005 (CS)
MARKOVÁ,L. Rozpočtování a kalkulace ve výstavbě díl II. VUT FAST, 2009 (CS)
HANNA N.; DODGE H.R. Pricing. Polices and Procedures. Mac Millan press Ltd., London , 1995 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures and seminars. Lectures consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions. Seminars particularly support practical mastery of subject matter presented in lectures or assigned for individual study with the active participation of students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Exam is composed of written test and defence of semestrial work. Student must gain 50 out of 100 points in written test. Credit is granted for the semestrial work – case study of selected construction work with the help of gained knowledge.
Language of instruction
1. System of evaluation in the civil engineering
2. Systems of classification of construction work
3. Costs for determination of prices in civil engineering
4. Valuation of construction
5. Cost calculation of prices of construction works - 1st part
6. Cost calculation of prices of construction works - 2nd part
7. Cost calculation of construction object
8. Valuation of construction contract - 1st part
9. Valuation of construction contract -2nd part
10. Prices of design and engineering work
11. The cost of the construction work and the construction costs incurred by the developer
12. Prices in building construction in foreign countries
13. Price indices
Goal of this course is to gain information and knowledge about the system of evaluation in progress construction, especially prices of construction works made with respect to the life cycle of building, evaluation of design and engineering activities and current system of price indices in the civil engineering.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance control in seminars and control of partial components of the case study.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme REI_P Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory