Microelectronic Practice 2
FEKT-BKC-MP2Acad. year: 2018/2019
Philosopy of construction electronic and microelectronic equipment, right methos of design, modern electrical and mechanical parts for construction, modern construct materials (plastics, composites, metals), their electrical and mechanical properties, their distinguish and right use. Theoretical use and design of printed boards, thin and thick layers, legislation for production introduce.
Practical skills for soldering. Design for cheap and succesfful production (DFM).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student receives theoretical bases about right design electronic and microelectronic equipment. Theoretical knowledge uses for electronic and mechanic design and realization own electronic equipment. Student will have overview about using technologies, and particully receives informations, how succesffuly realized research an electronic production. He will be able to solder classic and surface mount components, and will be able design printed board. Student will be able practically design and realized thick layer circuit.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Methods of teaching depends on character of lectures and are defined in article 7 Study and examin rules VUT.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit will be realized on the base of,
- regular and active visiting all parts of exercises
- realization mandatory projects (equipments)
Excused excercise could be compensate.
Examin will be oral on the base of text prepare.
Language of instruction
Structure of lectures
1. Choice of structure equipment (with respect on serial, pieces and prozotype production), right working proces durung design.
2. Modern construction and handling parts.
3. Modern construction materials (types of plastics), electrical an mechanical properties, how to determine material ?
4. Linear and rotary motions, electromagnetic and hydraulic parts.
5. Optical systems, optoelectronics.
6. Choice of design equipment (Type of microcontroler, industry programming, clasic circuit parts, etc.)
7. Choice of design equipment (Modular or one-board construction, design of case, displays etc.), types of electronic connection.
8. Electromagnetic compatibility - design.
9. Design of electronic equipment with respect on simple production, low price testability and etc. (DFM)
10. Electrical safety of equipment, copyrigt to equipment.
11. Machinning and cutting of plastics an metals, thin and thick layers production in microelectronic, water cutting, CNC producing, GERBER datas.
12: Standarts for design.
1. Design of printed board (software EAGLE).
2. Practise of soldering, exchange of SMT packages.
3. Simple electronic equipment production - SMD technology).
4. Simple microelectronic equipment production - thick layer.
5. How distinguish plastics material.
6. Presentations of operation any technological equipments.
7. Excursion in any electronic company, why they are successful.
The main task of course is to prepare students theoretically and main practically for electrotechnical work an design. The lectures refill other lectures in branch. The students will be theoretically and practically inform about electrical and mechanical design rules and printed board design. Special differencies for medicine, automotive, military, consumer and other technique will be presented. It will present problems with construction of test template for resuscitation and programming. It will be also presented questions with ecology and safety. During lectures receive students practical skills about soldering. English terminology will be presented.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Conditions for succesfully finishing of course determines notice which publish garant of lectures.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BKC-MET Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional