FEKT-BPC-CRTAcad. year: 2018/2019
Design and realisation of various continuous and discrete PID controllers. Optimization of adjusted parameters. Introduce to adaptive controllers. Self-tuning controllers. Control of technological processes. Real-time operated systems. Programming in real-time, synchronization methods. Implementation of digital controllers. Sensors, normalisation, connection, limited of disturbance. Digital and continuous filtration. Binary control, Peri nets and GRAFCET.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Course absolvent should be an able to design and adjust process controller with standards algorithms. Also to design control algorithms with complicated structures and to implement them into a process computer.
Basic knowledge and concepts of control theory: description of the dynamic system in the Laplace and the Z transformation, stability, dynamics and precision in the steady state. The recommended range of preliminary knowledge is given by the Systems and signals, Control theory - beginers courses. On the course are explained problems by physical control with the help of simple mathematical relationships. Students will deepen significantly and and understand the context by proposal of practical control systems.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Aström,K.J.-Wittenmark,B.:Computer-Controlled Systems, Theory and Design, Prentice-Hall Inc., London 1997 (EN)
Veleba, V.: Číslicová řídicí technika - počítačová cvičení. Skriptum VUT FEKT, Brno, 2005. (CS)
Pivoňka, P.: Číslicová řídicí technika. VUT v Brně, skriptum, 111s, 2013 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures, computer laboratories and practical laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Lesson: Max. 30 points.
Examination: Max. 70 points.
Combined test -written part and oral evaluations written processing. Max. 70 points
Language of instruction
1. Physical background of control.
2. Design and realisation of continuous PID controllers, bump-less swithing, anti-windup.
3. Different types of PID controllers, realisation, setting of parameters, comparison, anti-windup and switching between algorithms.
4. Design and realisation of discrete analogy of continuous PID algorithms.
5. Philosophy of the process identification and design of controller's algorithm.
6. Optimum settings of controller's parameters, adaptive controllers, self tuning controllers, specific problems of adaptive control.
7. Artificial intelligence in controls algorithms (Fuzzy controllers, Neural Networks, Genetic alorithms) .
8. Real-time operating system. Programming in real-time, synchronisation methods, Software for computer control. Implementation of heterogenous algorithms in real-time.
9. A/D and D/A converters, binary outputs and inputs, galvanic isolation, isolations amplifiers.
10. Sensors and normalisation circuits, influence of disturbances.
11. Digital and continuous filtration.
The target of this course is to get students acquainted with practical design, realization and parameters setting of controllers for real process control. Detailed explanation of all aspects for usage of controllers in control loops. Course absolvent should be able to design and to adjust process controllers with standard algorithms. In the project the student propose and verifies simple control algorithm worked in real-time.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Laboratory exercises are mandatory, properly excusable exercises can be replaced in consultation with lecturer.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory-optional