FAST-CV080Acad. year: 2017/2018
Subject is focused on characteristics of public finances, public estates and basic principles of decision making in public sector. There are solved areas of public revenues and expenditures, principles of tax theory, social security and social insurance. Part of the subject is also created by spatial aspects of public finances and principles of budgetary process including impact of fiscal imbalance on the state economics.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of financial structure within the scope of public sector and their incidence to economy of the state entire, economy of regions and economy of private subjects.
Fundamentals of microeconomics, macroeconomics and financing, tax structure overview.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Public finances – basic terms and links.
2. Economical analysis of public estates, their characteristics and typology.
3. Public choice and its consequence for public finance sphere. Basic rules of public choice.
4. Public expenditures, public projects and public expenditure programs. Macro and microeconomic aspects and impacts of public expenditures. Factors, which affects size, structure and dynamic of public expenditures.
5. Public revenues, classification of public revenues and other tax classifications. Public charges.
6. Tax theory introduction. Tax principles, tax justice, efficiency of taxes, tax transfer and impact.
7. Social security and causes of its formation. Social security tools. Social insurance.
8. Spatial aspects of public finances, fiscal federalism, fiscal decentralization
9. State economic policy. Short-term and long-term lost of fiscal balance.
10. Budgetary process in the Czech Republic.
Student will obtain elementary overwiev about public financing problem and about systém of public financing in Czech Republic. The aim of subject is to refer to financial structure within the scope of public sector and their incidence to economy of the state entire, economy of regions and economy of private subjects.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans