Computing calculation of concrete structures
FAST-CL054Acad. year: 2017/2018
Software for solution of framed and flat structures. Training programme data for solution of engineering problems. Individual work of a student on computer under the lecturer’s leading.
Modelling structures individually formulated. Modelling framed and flat concrete structures. Formulation of input data and evaluation of the results using computer or graphic method. Dimensioning cross-sections on computer.
Time-dependent analysis of concrete structures. Modelling geometric and physical non-linearity.
Institute of Concrete and Masonry Structures (BZK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A student gains these knowledge and skills:
• Virtue to utilise selected software for design of concrete structures.
• Virtue for modeling and to dimensionning flat and framed structures using computing technology.
• Virtue to apply time-dependent analysis and geometric and physical non-linearity in design of structures.
stresses, software for structural design, structural models, dimensioning of concrete members and structures
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Modelling of framed concrete structures. Preparation of model geometry. Cross-sectional changes. Change of central line.
2. Rigidity. Modelling of loads. Supporting elements of plane and spatial model. Calculation.
3. Post-processing. Visualisation and evaluation of calculation results.
4. Computational dimensioning of framed concrete structures.
5. Application of time-dependent analysis for framed structures.
6. Modelling of geometric and physical non-linearity of framed structures.
7. Modelling of flat concrete structures. Slab rigidity. Effects of reinforcement. Loads.
8. Modelling of flat concrete structures on subsoil.
9. Computational dimensioning of concrete slab structures.
10. Modelling of geometric and physical non-linearity of slab structures.
To learn to utilise selected software for design of concrete structures.
To model and to dimension flat and framed structures using computing technology.
To apply a time analysis and geometric and physical non-linearity in design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans