Automation of the Design of Metal and Timber Structures
FAST-CO054Acad. year: 2017/2018
Summary of computing systems for design and evaluation of steel and timber structures
CAD systems for simulation of metal and timber structures
Calculation model: Structure geometry; Boundary conditions; Load; Calculation; Effects on substructure; Internal forces extremes; Verification and dimensioning
Modules: stability, dynamics, rolling load.
Institute of Metal and Timber Structures (KDK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students have to manage the aim of the subject, make the acquaintance with course problematic and practice their knowledge and acquirements.
Metal structures - design of elements and connections of steel structures. Timber structures - design of elements and connections of timber structures.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, the view of the program’s systems.
2. Co-ordinate systems, convention of the internal forces.
3. Material properties, types of the members, characteristics of the cross-section.
4. Geometry of the structure : plain systems, spatial systems.
5. Constrains : supporting of the structure, cooperation of the members.
6. Load: types of the load,the load in accordance with ULS, combination of load state.
7. The analysis of the structure : linear solution of the stress and strain.
8. The stability. The buckling length of the press and bending bar.
9. Judgment of the members.
10. Simple cases of the structure nelinearity : absence of the bars, absence of the supports.
The objective of the subject is to introduce students to the problems of this course and to practise acquires knowledge and skills.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans