Selected Chapters of Concrete Structures 2 (S)
FAST-CL060Acad. year: 2017/2018
Non-linear material models of plain and reinforced concrete and their application in some commercial programming systems of FEM (finite element method).
Modelling of concrete members sections behaviour (linear and non-linear analysis) using the FEM analysis, Non-linear analysis of reinforced concrete sections.
Solution of state of stress effected by temperature load.
Institute of Concrete and Masonry Structures (BZK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A student gains these knowledge and skills:
• Analysis of linear and non-linear behaviour of concrete structures sections.
• Non-linear static analysis of concrete structures and their parts.
structural mechanics, numerical methods, concrete structures, prestressed concrete
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Modelling of cross-section behaviour of concrete members, linear and non-linear analysis. General formulation of the problem as physically non-linear task.
2. Solution of the conditions of equilibrium. Iterative methods. Control of loadd-bearing capacity.
3. Non-linear material models of concrete and reinforced concrete.
4. Cracks, cracks localization, fracture energy, modelling of concrete in tension.
5. Plane state of stress, concrete crushing. Methods of solution of non-linear equations system.
6. Methods of non-linear task solution: layered, integral.
7. Non-linear modelling of flat concrete structures.
8. Non-linear analysis of prestressed concrete sections. Optimisation of reinforcement design into a section.
9. Non-linear material models of concrete and reinforced concrete in some comercial software of FEM systems.
10. Temperature effects on concrete – calculation of temperature stress acting on structures.
Analysis of linear and non-linear behaviour of concrete structures sections.
Non-linear static analysis of concrete structures and their parts.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans