Computer Modeling Basics of Buiding Services Systems
FAST-CT012Acad. year: 2017/2018
Introduction to computer modelling of typical tasks of Building Services (BS) and their application in the design and operation of buildings. Modelling of heat and mass transfer processes in buildings and their components and energy systems. Modelling of unsteady boundary conditions. Application of current software tools for simulation.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basics of fluid mechanics, thermo mechanics, plumbing systems, heating, cooling and air conditioning. Basics of numerical mathematical methods.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to computer modelling and simulations.
2. Modeling of heat transfer by free and forced convection.
3. Modelling of multi-dimensional steady state heat conduction.
4. Modelling of transient heat conduction.
5. Modelling of thermal behaviour of buildings and rooms.
6. Modelling of phase change substances.
7. Modeling of heat and moisture transfer.
8. Fluid flow modelling using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) method – CFD 1.
9. Fluid flow modelling using CFD method – CFD 2.
10. Fluid flow modelling using CFD method – CFD 3.
11. Modelling of thermal behaviour of building services systems in buildings.
12. Modelling of thermal behaviour of water tanks.
13. Modeling of thermal radiation in buildings.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans