Selected Chapters from Building Constructions 2
FAST-CH012Acad. year: 2017/2018
Methodology of designing and subsequent implementing of suitable design solutions and technological processes of PSV works, while respecting operational and layout requirements for specific types of buildings with an optimal solution details and interconnections.
Application of current requirements for economics, energy performance of buildings, noise protection and environmental protection with providing fire protection of construction, daylight and sunlight.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The Students will use the acquired knowledge in building physics (thermal engineering, acoustics and daylighting inside buildings), fire safety of buildings and civil engineering, acquired by completing the prescribed courses in previous studies.
In the course of study the student will use of knowledge of the subject Design Detail and Modern Building Materials.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Internal surfaces of walls and ceilings - plastering, tiling, coatings, paintings - functional, operational and hygiene requirements, dilatation
2. Skin walls - the techno-functional and acoustic (process design, implementation for the given functional requirements) to conduct distribution systems, HVAC operating technology etc.
3. Floors - functional and operational requirements (thermal-technical, acoustic, operational, fire, etc.), properties of floors and their testing, design and implementation
4. Floors - function of sub layers, materials, wear-layer, details in critical areas, dilatation
5. Ceilings - functional requirements, design principles, user requirements and design methodology (acoustics, thermal engineering, fire safety, structural analysis, hygiene)
6. Ceilings - types of ceilings (optical, acoustic, fire, etc.), materials, implementation, details
7. Doors and gates - legislative requirements, design and construction details, including links to main building operations in the range of building physics - thermal technology, acoustics, daylight and sunlight - influence of boundary conditions on the hygienic, operational and functional requirements
8. Windows - legislative requirements, design and construction details, including links to main building operations in the range of building physics - thermal technology, acoustics, daylight and sunlight - influence of boundary conditions on the hygienic, operational and functional requirements, selection of an optimal solution in the case of two mutually exclusive legislative mandatory requirements
9. Railings - functional and safety requirements, structure and method of anchoring, railing fill, handle,
10. Plumbing - requirements, materials - suitable and unsuitable combinations, design, implementation and detailed solutions - linked to the emergence of genuine thermal bridges, acoustics and vibrations (or even structural noise), optimal dilatation
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans