FAST-CW024Acad. year: 2017/2018
Performance of structural investigations from the construction technology perspective, technical documentation of buildings and design of technical procedures used in reconstruction work with regards to the results of investigations, the rehabilitation of foundations from the perspective of their load-bearing capacity, removal of moisture from structures, rehabilitation and reinforcement of load-bearing vertical and horizontal structures, reconstruction of wooden trussing, concrete panel buildings, the most frequently used methods and their economic evaluation, reconstruction of heritage structures and the most frequent risk factors during the design of technical procedures, examples of executed reconstructions presented via photographs of executed construction work and a field trip to a construction site where reconstruction is ongoing.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
KKnowledge about the technologies used in the construction of new buildings is expected, as well as basic knowledge regarding the statics of building structures, properties of building materials and the creation of a budget for the construction of a new building.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Construction technology investigations into buildings, and methods of documenting them.
2. Technical documentation for the reconstruction of buildings and principles for the design of technological procedures employed during reconstructions.
3. Restoration of foundation structures from the perspective of their load-bearing capacity.
4. Methods and procedures for the removal of moisture from structures.
5. Restoration and reinforcement of load-bearing vertical and horizontal structures.
6. Proposals for repairs and reconstructions of wooden trusses, methods of replacing faulty elements in trusses.
7. Reconstruction of concrete panel buildings – outer shells, roofs, balconies, enclosed balconies and other presented structures.
8. Reconstruction of concrete panel buildings – internal layout, prefabricated bathroom and toilet sections, interior installations.
9. Reconstructions of heritage structures, historic building materials and materials suitable for reconstruction work.
10. Examples of executed building reconstructions.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans