Selected Chapters of Construction Processes
FAST-CW023Acad. year: 2017/2018
The subject covers the study of the execution of selected processes used in the construction of engineering structures and buildings. It explains the technological, spatial and time structure of individual selected building processes, the readiness requirements for construction sites and the rules for their implementation. A substantial part of the subject focuses on the execution of underground structures, focusing on engineering techniques for creating the special foundations for constructions to be used in the execution of cut-and-cover underground structures , and an overview of standard and modern tunnelling systems and assemblies, machines and devices for the construction of underground structures.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will master the objective of the Selected Issues of Technology of Construction Processes course, they acquire knowledge of the realization of the selected building processes of underground, building and engineering constructions. This knowledge enables subsequent study of the time planning, modelling, optimisation and rational management of site operations.
Students must possess basic knowledge from the areas of geology, geomechanics, building foundations, and the design of buildings and traffic structures.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Engineering techniques used in the special foundation of constructions with relation to excavated underground structures.
2. Casing structures (stent walls , piles, underground walls), injection and anchoring in rock surroundings.
3. Nomenclature of underground structures. Tunnelling systems and assemblies.
4. Standard assemblies. Drilling and blasting. Ring Method.
5. New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM). Peripheral Notch Method . Microtunnelling.
6. Machines and equipment for the construction of underground structures (bored, cut-and-cover, combined, microtunnelling).
7. Production of steel and timber structures, welding of steel structures, connecting devices for steel and timber structures, transportation to the construction site.
8. Main methods of assembling steel and timber structures.
9. Execution of assembled ceiling structures.
10. Special concreting technologies.
11. Structural insulation, suitability of use and methods of execution.
12. Options for and methods of execution of industrial floors and floors in buildings. Cast and self-levelling floors.
13. Execution of roof and outer shells of buildings.
To acquire basic knowledge of realization of selected construction processes of underground, building and engineering constructions. To enable subsequent study of time scheduling, modelling, optimisation and rational management of site operations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans