FAST-CU052Acad. year: 2017/2018
Database technology fundamentals, terminology, data modelling.
Relational data model, relation algebra, data integrity.
Conceptual modelling, Entition-Relationship diagrams.
RDBMS languages, SQL language.
ISAM and SQL systems (MS Access, MS SQL2000 Server).
Practices of analytical skills. As a project students develop a simple database system in chosen production branch.
Institute of Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Science (AIU)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge for design and implementation of simple database application
Basic knowledge and using of operation system especially of filesystem.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Data modelling, current approaches
2. Relational model for database management, relation and its representation
3. Relational algebra
4. Conceptual modelling
5-6. Tables, relationships, primary and foreign keys, E-R diagrams
8. Reference integrity
9. SQL language, DDL and DML commands
10. Complex SELECT queries
11. Views, stored procedures in TSQL. Transactions and access management.
12. Overview of current database management systems: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, ISAM
13. Sample analysis of simple information system.
Basic principles of database technology explained on chosen database management system. Design and implementation of a simple database application.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans