FAST-CB052Acad. year: 2017/2018
Machine-Controlled Measuring - Introduction. Sensors and Converters. Computer and measuring. Input and Output Communication Ports and Systems. Introduction to the Measuring System GPIB. Basic GPIB Instruments. Instructions of the Selected Instruments. Programming of the Interface Card GPIB. Practice Exercise.
Institute of Physics (FYZ)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge in the field of sensors and methods of measuring of the non-electrical and electrical quantities. Orientation in the field of transfer non-electrical quantities to electrical or optical signals and knowledge of the converted signal processing using computer technology. Knowledge and application overview of the opportunities and current trends in measurement.
Basic methods of measurement, computer principles, data processing, input and output computers operations, knowledge of the computers programming.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction: Personal computer (PC) in measuring. Asset in the area of economy and quality.
2. Sensors and converters: pressure sensors, temperature sensors, mechanical stress sensors, changes in length sensors, volume changes sensors.
3. Input and Output communication ports and systems: Serial bus RS232. Parallel I/O LPT1, Universal serial bus (USB). Interface card GPIB (IEEE488).
4. Introduction to the measuring system GPIB: Basic requirement. GPIB interface bus description. Instructions of GPIB interface bus.
5. Basic GPIB instruments overview: Agilent, Tectronics, other selected instruments width GPIB.
6. Instructions of the selected instruments - 1st part: Oscilloscopes of the Agilent 54600 series.
7. Instructions of the selected instruments - 2nd. part: Programmable Power Source of the Agilent E363xA series. Digital Multimeter Agilent 34401A.
8. Programming of the interface card GPIB: Instructions of the GPIB interface card Agilent. Examples of the units visa_simul and instrument. Example of the measuring program.
9. Practice exercise: Preparation, debugging and testing of the particular program from the civil engineering
10. Practice exercise: Preparation, debugging and testing of the particular program from the civil engineering
11. Practice exercise: Preparation, debugging and testing of the particular program from the civil engineering
12. Practice exercise: Preparation, debugging and testing of the particular program from the civil engineering
13. Practice exercise: Preparation, debugging and testing of the particular program from the civil engineering
The graduate achieves the aim in the region of the quantity sensors and method of the electrical and non-electrical quantities measurement. He will learn about the conversion of the non-electrical quantities to electrical ones and he obtains the knowledge of the processing this signal by the computers. He acquires the application possibilities in the area of civil engineering.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans