Modern Trends in Traffic Engineering (DST)
FAST-CM055Acad. year: 2017/2018
Traffic flow and its characteristics, up to date traffic flow models, simulations.
Nonlinear dynamic systems.
Objectives, means and methods of transport planning.
New traffic flow control technolgies, information distribution in traffic systems - intelligent transport systems, telematics.
Institute of Road Structures (PKO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students understand standard theories of traffic flo and processes in traffic flow. They get familiarized with modelling techniques and with basic phenomena in traffic flow. They gain knowledge of new telematic technologies and their objectives.
Common knowledge of mathematics and physics. Road design. Traffic engineering. Algorithm development in engineering work.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to nonlinear dynamics
2. Traffic flow theory, conservation law, fundamental diagrams
3. Microsopic models of traffic flow, car following models
4. Sensitivity of the model to parameter variance
5. Information systems, information propagation in traffic systems
6. Telematic applications, influence to traffic flow
7. Advanced control systems for vehicles
8. Accelerometrical measurements
9. Application of gyroscopes in measurement units
10. Traffic surveys with vehicle in traffic flow
11. Video for traffic research on crossings
12. Conditions for aerostat application in traffic survey
13. Critical and follow up gaps according to Siegloch on roundabout
Traffic flow theory knowledge, modelling techniques skill. Understanding of basic phenomena in traffic flow. New telematic technologies overview.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans