Economy of Construction Industry
FAST-CV002Acad. year: 2017/2018
Position of industry of building materials in national economy. Organisation of building materials production. Basic characteristic of industrial firm. Foundation, lifetime and closure of industrial firm. Property and sources of property coverage. Inventory management and financing. Costing and price setting in building materials production. Management of operational and investment costs and returns. Standardization and remuneration. Accounting and taxation. Principles of marketing. Controlling and quality management.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about organization and economy of industry production.
Knowledge of particular basic disciplines of business economy. Ability to orient in business economy.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, basic concepts, specifics
2. Position of the firm in the national economy, the construction industry and construction company
3. Standardization of work and performance; Standardization and remuneration in construction
4. Grade and classification in the construction industry
6. - 7. Costing and pricing
8. General construction budget
9. Revenues, expenses, profit and relations between them
10. Starting a business, redevelopment and its disappearance, grouping and types of association in construction
11. Public Procurement
12. Investment Management
13. Marketing and Management
To get ability to orient in organization and economy of industry production. To come in useful in production profitability management and price setting.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans