Selected Chapters from Water Supply
FAST-CP053Acad. year: 2017/2018
Drinking water sources, protection of water sources and its categories, new special methods and modern technologies, automation of water treatment plants, container WTP.
Water losses, technical equipment for leakage location,technical audit of distribution systems, reliability of water distribution networks, risk analysis, history of water supply sector in CZ, current international research projects in the field.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Studend will be able to implement in the practice the new knowledge in water treatment and its extension in new and special technologies and special problems of water distribution.
Chemistry and Technology of Water, Water supply
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Drinking water sources and their protection
2. New methods of coagulation, sludge blanket clarifiers inovation
3. New filtration materials, new types of filters, automation of water treatment plants
4. Container water treatment plants, membrane technologies
5. Water losses, indicators of water losses
6. Technical equipment for leakage
7. Technical audit of water supply systems
8. Planning fo reconstruction and rehabilitation of water supply systems
9. Water quality in distribution systems
10.Risk analysis of public water supply systems
11.Reliability of water distribution networks
11.Water supply performance indicators, water losses.
12.Control valves - excursion to ATJ company
13.Perfomance indicator in water supply sector, technical news, congferences and projects in the sector
The aim is summary of knowledge in water treatment and its extension in new and special technologies and special problems of water distribution.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans