Theoretical Geodesy I
FAST-GE28Acad. year: 2017/2018
Figure of the Earth, retational ellipsoid, conventional ellipsoides, systems of coordinates, radius of curvature, sphere, spherical excess, normal sections, geodesic, direct problem and inverse problem on sphere (ellipsoid), gravity field of Earth, equipotential surfaces, plumb line, normal of ellipsoid, geoid, deflection of the vertical, reduction observations to ellipsoid, precise levelling - insruments and methods, geodetic and astronomic networks, reference systems and reference frames,GNSS satellites, satellite orbit, time systems, application in geodetic fields, transformation to cartographic projection, GPS heighting, introduction of space geodesy.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Measurements and computing geodetic observations on the plane, principles of GNSS technology. Leveling.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Figure of the Earth and mathematic surfaces. History of geodesy.
2. Systems of coordinates on sphere and rotational ellipsoid, spherical excess.
3. Reference ellipsoid, radius of curvature, normal sections, geodesic.
4. Direct problem and inverse problem on sphere andellipsoid.
5. Gravity field of Earth, equipotential surfaces, plumb line, geoid
6. Gravimetric methods, gravimeters, gravity networks.
7. Precise levelling, measurements and calculations.
8. Deflection of vertical,reduction observations to ellipsoid
9. Satellite and its orbits, time systems.
10. Application GPS in geodetic fields,transformation to cartographic projections, GNSS and heights, space technology.
Students adopt the global parameters for the figure of the eart and its gravity field. The earth´s curvature and gravity field must be considered in geodetic surveys. Introduction of space geodesy and satellite methods in geodetic systems and frames.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.