Building Constructions and urban planning
FAST-GH01Acad. year: 2017/2018
Introduction into the structural design of buildings constructions. Students will learn the basic knowledge of purpose, function and design of buildings and structures and of application of knowledge in the field of geodesy and their interconnections with buildings constructions. Output of this course is elaboration of the study the building construction in concrete conditions given area.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Documentation study of structural design of the building construction including the situation and and oral examination
cartography, land surveying, computer graphics CARD
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Doutlík L.: Urbanistická typologie. ČVUT Praha, 1992. (CS)
Štípek J.: Zásady nauky o stavbách. ČVUT Praha, 2000. (CS)
Horniaková a kol.:: Pozemní stavitelství. JAGA Bratislava, 2002. (SK)
Chudley, R., Greeno, R.: Building Construction Handbook. Elsevier LTD, 2008. ISBN: 978-0-7506-86228. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Urban design, urban planning, legislation and urban typology
2. Functional, operational and spatial structure of urban settlement department, city plan, municipalities, regulatory elements, buffer zones
3. Public spaces, transport and technical facilities and infrastructure
4. Types of buildings according to the purpose of their use. Basic types of structures and coordinating of their dimensions
5. Structural systems of buildings. External influences on the design
6. Excavations and foundation construction. Coordinating construction situation
7. Vertical load-bearing structure including exterior walls of the building. The spatial bracing construction
8. Horizontal structures. Types of floor structures. Overhanging and receding structures
9. Structural systems for roofing structures.
10. Constructions for different height level - stairs, ramps
11. Flat roofs and chimneys
12. Non-bearing structures, doors and windows, floors
13. Legislation and Building Law
Students are to acquaint with the issue of building construction design and realization including project drawings and valid legislation and with application of knowledge in the field of geodesy and their interconnections with buildings constructions.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.