FIT-RMAAcad. year: 2017/2018
The course is focused on the following philosophy: the Success (company's, manager's) is conditioned on making changes inside of a company. With changed company's management is closely related the methods of risk decreasing. The module is focused on the following fields: company's '7S' framework. A successful company, a successful manager. The decision making in a company. Types and analysis of risk. Methods of risks decreasing. Risk decreasing and investment evaluation in personal and company's invest. The risk connected with company's strategy change. Prognosis as instrument for decreasing company's risk.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will know the traditional and modern procedures of risk measuring, including the most widely used methods of decreasing the company's risk. Students will acquire the basic necessary skills needed for analyzing and evaluation the company's risk, including the proposal for changing strategy in company with respect to risk analyze. Students will also be able to manage change processes standard strategy (both business as well as functional) each SBU firm.
Knowledge of basic statistic and probability on the level of bachelor's study programme. The basic knowledge of decision-making in a company on the level of bachelor's study programme.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
- RAIS, K., DOSKOČIL, R.: Risk management. 1.vyd., CERM s.r.o, Brno, 2007, 152 s., ISBN 978-80-214-3510-0.
- SMEJKAL, V. RAIS, K.: Řízení rizik ve firmách a jiných organizacích. 2. aktual. vyd., Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2006, 296 s., ISBN 80-247-1667-4.
- MERNA, T. Risk management: řízení rizika ve firmě / Tony Merna, Faisal F. Al-Thani. 1. vyd., Brno: Computer Press, 2007, 194 s., ISBN 978-80-251-1547-3.
- TICHÝ, M. Ovládání rizika: analýza a management, 1.vyd. Praha: C.H.Beck, 2006, 396 s., ISBN 80-7179-415-5.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Study evaluation is based on marks obtained for specified items. Minimimum number of marks to pass is 50.
Language of instruction
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Introduction - the basic identification of the problems, the sequence on study modules
- The display of company's life (from small to multinational) - the '7S' scheme
- Successful company, successful manager
- The decision-making of changes within a company
- Types and analyse of risk.
- Methods of risk decreasing in company's management
- Data, information and knowledge
- The basics of investment mathematics and the methodology of investment decision-making.
- Risk decreasing and evaluation of investments in personal and company's decision-making.
- Risk connected with company's strategy change.
- Prognosis - the instrument of risk decreasing in economic company's life.
Syllabus of numerical exercises:
The seminars will be focused on practising the lectured topics and elaboration of case studies (both individually and in teams).
The main objective of the course is to provide students with the theoretical foundations and methodology necessary for the identification, analysis and risk assessment of business processes. Attention is paid to methods of reducing the risk of failure of implementing the change processes of the company. Based on the understanding of the classical model of change (Lewins model) methodology is presented to the change of company strategy with consideration of risk processes. Methods of preventive removal of the causes of risky situations and methods of reducing the adverse consequences of risky situations are presented with concrete examples. As a tool of knowledge reduction of uncertainty about the future and reduce the risks involved are presented the basic principles of forecasting (with details of their principal advantages and disadvantages).
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Control of results of independent work on assigned tasks. In case of excused absence from seminars, the teacher can set additional condition if appropriate, usually elaboration of partial written task.