Construction of Production Machines and Robots
FSI-6SRAcad. year: 2017/2018
Student is introduced to classification of production machines, construction of basic types of machine tools and forming machines and their typical designs. Furthermore, student learns about the main types of industrial robots and manipulators (stationary, mobile and service) and their incorporation into robotized systems.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course allows the students to acquire basic knowledge on construction of common types of production machines and industrial robots.
Basic knowledge of machine construction.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KIBBE, R. R. at all: Machine Tool Practices; 8th Edition; Prentice Hall 2005; pp 864; ISBN 0131188968
JIŘÍ MAREK a kolektiv: Konstrukce CNC obráběcích strojů; vydavatel MM Průmyslové spektrum; 2. vydání, březen 2009
RUDOLF, B.; KOPECKÝ, M. Tvářecí stroje - základy stavby a využití. 1. vyd. Praha: SNTL, 1985. 405 s. ISBN 04-231-85
JOSHI, P. J.: Machine Tools Handbook - Design and Operation; McGraw-Hill Education 2007; ISBN 9780070617391
MATIČKA, R, TALÁCKO, J.: Konstrukce manipulátorů a průmyslových robotů (skriptum ČVUT Praha, 1984)
Machine Tool Design Handbook, ed. 1; Central Machine Tool Institute, Bangalore 2004; pp 976; ISBN 9780074515648
ŽENÍŠEK, J.; JENKUT, M. Výrobní stroje a zařízení. 2. vyd. Praha: SNTL, 1990. 276 s. ISBN 04-222-90
KNOFLÍČEK, R.: Roboty a výrobní systémy, studijní opora, FSI VUT v Brně, 2004 - viz také www.fme.vutbr.cz
BORSKÝ, V.: Obráběcí stroje (skriptum VUT Brno, 1992)
KOLÍBAL, Z.: Průmyslové roboty I - Konstrukce PRaM (skriptum VUT Brno, 1993)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Teaching is suplemented by practical laboratory work. According to the possibility of teaching can be organized lectures for students by practitioners and excursions to companies focused on activities related to the course content.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Graded credit is awarded on the basis of test (the subject matter of the lectures) and meet the requirements relating to the exercise.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to provide the students with information on basic types of production (machining and forming) machines and industrial robots, their construction, functions and key features. Students get familiar with present production of industrial robots, machine tools and forming machines in Czech Republic and abroad.
This subject is included into study plan of 3rd year of general bachelor's study as a compulsory-optional one. It is recommended as a prerequisite of branch M-VSR, M-VSY or M-AIR.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at lectures is not obligatory, yet recommended. Seminars are obligatory. Graded course-unit credit is awarded on the basis of test. Absence on seminars must be excused and can be substituted for by presentation of a report.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Machine tools – classification, construction parameters, technological possibilities
2. Main parts and constructional nodes and komponents of machine tools, machining centres and single-purpose machine tools.
3. Machine tools – construction of turning, drilling and boring machines
4. Machine tools – construction of milling, planning and broaching machines
5. Machine tools – construction of machining centres
6. Forming machines – classification, construction parameters, technological possibilities
7. Forming machines – construction of presses
8. Forming machines – construction of machine hammers
9. Industrial robots and manipulators – definitions of terms, main problems of robotization
10. Examples of typical industrial robots
11. Construction of stationary industrial robots
12. Introduction to control and programming of industrial robots
13. Types and construction of mobile robots
labs and studios
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introductory seminar. Excursion to heavy laboratory of ÚVSSR
2. Safety training, specification of semester works
3. Machine tools practicum
4. Machine tools practicum
5. Technology of Virtual Reality in construction of Machine Tools
6. Technology of Virtual Reality in construction of Machine Tools
7. Automation and Sensors in construction of Machine Tools
8. Automation and Sensors in construction of Machine Tools
9. Production systems practicum
10. Production systems practicum
11. Industrial robots – on-line programming
12. Industrial robots – off-line programming, design of robotic workplaces
13. Test and award of graded course-unit credit
eLearning: opened course