Bachelor Seminar (B-KSB)
FSI-6BSAcad. year: 2017/2018
At seminars each student present a lecture dealing with her/his bachelor project.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will be provided with the needed knowledge and manners for written and verbal presentation of results of their future bachelor’s project.
Special knowledge from the field of bachelor’s study and basic knowledge of computing technology are expected. Any previous knowledge of the subject will be welcomed.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Individuální, podle pokynů vedoucího bakalářské práce práce. (Individual, following the suggestions of the leader of the bachelor project)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The students will be familiarized with the presented issues in a form of lectures, and the discussions including the processing of partial written presentations according to the subject content and the realization of conference presentations will be expected on a given theme.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The subject is terminated by credit. Presence of 100% in tutorials is expected, at least one written partial project has to be submitted and checked including the assessment at least one conference presentation.
Language of instruction
The objective of subject is to learn how to present your results in a written or verbal form and how to keep the principles of correct publication.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Tutorials are checked in compliance with the requirements of the scoring and grading criteria. In case of missed lectures, a spare programme after agreement with the lecturer will be agreed in reasonable cases for a student.
Type of course unit
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction, specification of requirements
2. Formal requirements, time schedule for bachelor’s project, approach to work
3. References, literature research, patents
4. Adaptation and processing of specialized text (WORD)
5. Copyright act, plagiarism, project originality check
6. Quotes in bachelor’s project
7. Principles of speech
8. Presentation of bachelor’s project theme, principles, written and verbal presentation
9. Partial written presentation check, presentation preparation (POWERPOINT)
10. Example of presentation (presentation at conference)
11. Example of presentation (presentation at conference)
12. Example of presentation (presentation at conference)
eLearning: opened course