Design and CAD
FSI-CKCAcad. year: 2017/2018
Introduction to CAD engineering. Overview of different graphics hardware and software systems, CAD in CIM system. Practical application of AutoCAD program system with engineering application tools used in the design and preparation of engineering documents of parts and assembly units. Practising in 3D Inventor program. The lecture cycle is followed by an individual project; semester project. Semester project; auger, gear pump, gear set mounting, multi-plate clutch, etc. Project assigning, acquisition of information, option proposing, item list, technical report.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will obtain required information for working with CAD systems. Afterwards practically applied previously gained experience in dealing with the design task using a graphical software for 3D modeling and for design documentation.
The knowledge of the appurtenances of component drawings and assembly units.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SVOBODA, Pavel a BRANDEJS, Jan. Výběry z norem pro konstrukční cvičení. Vyd. 6. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2019, 236 s. ISBN 978-80- 7623-010-1. (CS)
Normy ISO, EN, ČSN (CS)
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. Autodesk Inventor: tvorba digitálních prototypů. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2012. Učebnice (Computer Press). ISBN 978-80-251-3728-4. (CS)
MUNFORD, Paul. Mastering autodesk inventor 2016 and autodesk inventor lt 2016. 1. Indianapolis, IN: John Wiley, 2015. ISBN 978-111-9059-806. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Graded course-unit credit requirements: attendance at seminars and evaluation of the semester project (max. 100 points). Final classification according to ECTS.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is the practical application of CAD software for constructional process support. Learning to work in small teams and how to present the results of engineering design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is required and controlled. Maximum of two authorized absences without compensation of lesson are tolerated.
Type of course unit
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. General division of CAD systems, Classification of CADs. Rapid Prototyping. Stereolitografy. Simulation of production. - basics of design methodology, algorithm design task solution.
2. Autocad - review and completion commands. Design task allocation, division into stages, terms, collection of information, preliminary solution of calculation.
3. Autocad - review and completion commands, 1st stage of solution (checking calculation, proposal drawing, evaluation).
4. Inventor - setting and sketch, pattern, sketching, dimensioning, parameter and adaptation setting, 2D bonds, geometry projection, shifting, 1st stage of solution (checking calculation, proposal drawing, evaluation).
5. Inventor - 3D geometry creation, round-up, edges cutting, rotation, mirror reflection, fields, 2D formation, shell and hole, pattering. 1st stage of solution (checking calculation, proposal drawing, evaluation).
6. Inventor - creation of assemblies, assembly welds adaptivity. 2nd stage of solution (drawing of elements, evaluation).
7. Inventor - metal sheet I (styles, area, profile bending, cutting off). 2nd stage of solution (drawing of elements, evaluation).
8. Inventor - metal sheet II (flange, border, bending, corner cutting off, corner cutting, unfolding, hole). 2nd stage of solution (drawing of elements, evaluation).
9. Inventor - drawing documentation (basic view, section, partial section). 3rd and 4th stages of solution (assembly drawing, parts list, technical report, evaluation).
10. Inventor - dimensioning (part list). 3rd and 4th stages of solution (assembly drawing, parts list, technical report, evaluation).
11. Inventor - feature creation. 3rd and 4th stages of solution (assembly drawing).
12. Inventor - feature creation. 3rd and 4th stages of solution (parts list, technical report, evaluation).
13. Inventor - feature creation. Delivering, reparations and completeness check of the design task. Graded course-unit credits.