Diploma seminar - CC
FCH-MCO_DS_SAcad. year: 2017/2018
Discussions on contents of set diploma works. How to present scientific, development, and technical results. Functioning of diploma engineer in industrial praxis.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
How to present and evaluate result of student's own work.
General knowledge of chemistry on university level.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
individuálně, dle zadaného tématu (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course uses teaching methods in form of Diploma seminar - 1 teaching hour per week. The e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to teachers and students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
1. Oral presentation of the content of diploma work.
2. Active participation in seminar discussions.
3. Written text embracing theoretical background for diploma thesis and data collected in special laboratory practices. The text is submitted to student's supervisor during the week for credits who will then pass it to prof. Veselý to evaluate typographical outline and finally to pass to the subject garantor to award credits. Both evaluators make their notes directly into the text and in the case of serious deficiencies send the text back to re-write and re-submit it. Accepted text is given back to student who will then take all the notes into account in his/her diploma thesis.
Language of instruction
a) Regular discussion seminars.
b) Oral presentation.
• aim of diploma thesis,
• selected methods for diploma tasks,
• justification of methods,
• expected novel contributions of the thesis.
c) How to write diploma thesis.
Training in presentation and evaluation of results of experimental and theoretical work.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars and oral presentation. Non-attendance should be compensated by written report on the topic of that seminar.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPCP_SCH Master's
branch NPCO_SCH , 2. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme NKCP_SCH Master's
branch NKCO_SCH , 2. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme CKCP_CZV lifelong learning
branch CKCO_CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory