Laboratory Classes in Instrumental and Structure Analysis - CTEP
FCH-MCA_ISA_ZAcad. year: 2017/2018
Practical class to the subject "Instrumental and Structure Analysis" - familiarization with instrumental analytical techniques applied in environmental analysis and technical praxis.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Completion of this course will increase students' competence as follows:
1. Students will be acquainted with instrumental analytical methods used in analytical practice
2. Students will understand the capabilities and limitations of instrumental analytical methods
3. Students will be able to choose the optimal instrumental analytical method for solving a particular analytical problem.
Good knowledge of common, inorganic, organic, physical and analytical chemistry
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Klouda P.: Moderní analytické metody. Nakladatelství Pavel Klouda, Ostrava 2003. (CS)
E-learning: Návody k úlohám v Praktiku z instrumentální a strukturní analýzy - CHTOŽP (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course uses teaching methods in form of Laboratory exercise - 3 teaching hours per week. The e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to teachers and students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Graded credit based on the submission of protocols from individual tasks. The final score is the average from scores for each protocol.
Language of instruction
Atomic absorption spectrometry, inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry, gas chromatography with flame ionization and electron capture detection, gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection, reversed-phase liquid chromatography, ion-exchange liquid chromatography, gel permeation chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, isotachophoresis, liquid chromatography with mass spectrometric detection
The aim of this subject is:
- to deepen the knowledge gained within the course of Instrumental and structural analysis
- to familiarize students with the methods of instrumental and structural analysis exploited in analytical practice.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at practices is mandatory. For the credit awars it is essential to completing all tasks.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NKCP_CHTOZP Master's
branch NKCO_CHTOZP , 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme NPCP_CHTOZP Master's
branch NPCO_CHTOZP , 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
- Programme CKCP_CZV lifelong learning
branch CKCO_CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory