FEKT-LRBTAcad. year: 2017/2018
Basic components of industrial robots. Kinematic chains. Inverse kinematics. Singularities. Dynamics. Equations of motion. Path planning. Robot control.
Elements of mobile robots. Models of mobile robots. Sensoric systems of mobile robots. Self localization and navigation. Man-machine interface, telepresence. AI in robotics.
Non-traditional actuators in mobile robotics.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Succesful student of the course should be able to:
- describe basics of industrial manipulator construction
- actively use homogeneous transformations
- solve forward and inverse kinematics of industrial manipulators
- program basic functions of industrial manipulators
- solve basic problems in mobile robot navigation, including GNSS and INS
- describe principals of visual telepresence
- actively use electrical and non-traditional actuators for mobile robot and industrial manipulator construction
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Spong,M.-Vydyasagar,M.:Robot Dynamics and Control. J. Willey,1989 (EN)
Laumond J.P.:Planning Robot Motion. Springer 1997 (EN)
Šolc,F.,Žalud,L.:"Základy robotiky", (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Teaching methods include lectures and home projects, that the student elaborates during the semester.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every.
Language of instruction
1. Robotics - introduction.
2. Advanced robot sensors - distance measurements - laser scanners (TOF-2D, 3D), inertial sensors.
3.Selflocalisation in mobile robotics - GNSS (GPS, Glonass, Galileo).
4. Environment maps - Robot Evidence Grids /occupancy grids including data fusion), 8tree.
7. Human-robot cooperation, telepresence.
8. Mobile robot cooperation, robot competitions.
9. Non-traditional actuators in robotics.
10. Mobile robot - structure, basic parts.
11. Industrial manipulators - main parts, kinematic configurations. Kinematics configurations of industrial manipulators.
12. Industrial manipulators - kinematics, inverse kinematics, singularities.
13. Industrial manipulators - dynamics, trajectory planning, cartesian coordinates, joint coordinates. Practical demonstrations.
To inform students about current state and future of robotics. Also, to inform students about peculiarities of robotic systems and prepare them for introduction of robotic systems to industry.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EEKR-ML1 Master's
branch ML1-KAM , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional specialized
- Programme EEKR-ML Master's
branch ML-KAM , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional specialized
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional specialized