FEKT-MEICAcad. year: 2017/2018
The main idea of the course is to introduce the students to the procedures of designing and realizing safe, harmless electrical installation in civic utility buildings. The course is oriented towards developing the students‘ practical skills.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to perform the following tasks:
- describe distribution networks in the Czech Republic,
- define the conditions of electricity supply in the Czech Republic,
- determine the method for realizing electrical installation in a civic amenities building,
- specify the technique of protecting the power line against overcurrent,
- determine the method of protection against electric shock,
- define the risk of damage by lightning,
- select a lightning protection system,
- select a system of protective measures against an electromagnetic pulse,
- specify a method for the realization of fire-safe electrical installation.
Students wishing to enroll in the course are expected to be capable of applying Kirchhoff’s and Ohm’s laws, and they should be able to analyze the circuits in a three-phase system.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KADLEC, R.; STEINBAUER, M. Elektrické instalace (MEIC). 2015. (CS)
Soubor norem ČSN 33 2000-1 až 7,ČNI (CS)
ČSN 33 2130 ed. 3 Elektrické instalace nízkého napětí - Vnitřní elektrické rozvody (CS)
KŘÍŽ, Michal. Praktické pomůcky a tabulky pro elektrotechniky. 2., aktualiz. a dopl. vyd. Praha: IN-EL, 2013, 60 s. Elektro (IN-EL). ISBN 978-80-86230-92-4. (CS)
DVOŘÁČEK, Karel. Elektrické instalace v dřevostavbách a provozech pro zpracování dřeva. 1. vyd. Praha: IN-EL, 2013, 67 s. Elektro (IN-EL). ISBN 978-80-86230-93-1. (CS)
Elektro v praxi 1. díl: Právní předpisy, základní normy, silnoproud. Olomouc: Solid, 2014. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lectures , seminars and practical laboratory exercises. The course uses eLearning (Moodle) system.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The only component subject to assessment consists in the final project, where the applicable classification range is 0 – 100 points (classified examination).
Language of instruction
1. Concepts of lv electrical installation
2. Electrical connections
3. Inlet structures
4. Distribution frames behind electricity meter
5. Dimensioning and protection of power lines
6. Protection against electric shock
7. Electrical installation designs
8. Protection and safety devices; short circuit resistance; selectivity; voltage loss
9. Lightning protection: persons and buildings
10. Protecting electrical and electronic systems against electromagnetic effects of lightning
11. Electrical installation in special structures
12. Fire resistant electrical installation
13. Final revision. How to become a design engineer.
The course has been set up to teach the methods of using up-to-date elements and systems to design electrical installation in tenement or utility buildings according to international standards and Czech regulations in force. The students will be provided with an overview of the currently applied materials, conductors, apparatuses, and electrical fittings.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The students’ participation in laboratory-based instruction is compulsory. Any absence that has been duly communicated to the teacher can be compensated by temporarily joining another study group within the course.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EEKR-M1 Master's
branch M1-TIT , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional interdisciplinary
branch M1-KAM , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional interdisciplinary
branch M1-EVM , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional interdisciplinary
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional interdisciplinary
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
20 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
The other activities
6 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer