Company Establishment and Company Management
FEKT-NZRPAcad. year: 2015/2016
The course expects basic knowledge acquired in related courses, in the field of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Accountancy, Fundamental knowledge of laws for business, Taxes, Corporate business and finance, Marketing and Management. In the course “Founding and Managing an Enterprise” students will apply the knowledge acquired in the above mentioned fields and will summarize it in the end of the semester in the form of a semester work.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be familiar with modern theories used in all entrepreneurial processes. They will acquire basic skills necessary for founding of own company. They will be able to manage own company actively minimizing an entrepreneurship risk.
Students are expected to have creative thinking for founding of own company.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KORÁB, V., MIHALISKO, M.: Založení a řízení společnosti. Společnost s ručením omezeným, komanditní společnost, veřejná obchodní společnost. Computer Press Brno, 2005, 252 s. ISBN 80-251-0592-X
KORÁB, V., MIHALISKO, M.: Založení a řízení podniků. Studijní text pro obor Podnikové finance a obchod. Ing. Zdeněk Novotný, CSc., Brno, 2003, 128 s. ISBN 80-214-2513-X.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The course unit-credit is awarded on the following conditions:
1. Active participation in the meetings will be checked and evaluated by the teacher - max. 100 points.
2. Successful elaboration of a semester work in a defined term - max. 100 points.
3. Total amount of points required for a course-unit credit has to be higher than 150 points.
Language of instruction
- Introduction to enterpreneurship.
- Selfevaluation and decision for enterprising.
- Basic stones of successful enterpreneurship.
- Start-up of a new company.
- Business plan.
- Management of initial phases of young company.
- Resource management of a new company.
- Indicators of bankruptcy.
- International aspects of enterpreneurship.
- Advanced trends of enterpreneurship.
The purpose of the subject is to provide students with sufficient knowledge for incorporation and subsequent management of their own company. The subject deals with the issue of business enterprising across the life flow chart of the company, i.e. from incorporation via company growth and maturity to potential liquidation. The term project closing the term represents a simple project of incorporation of the student’s own company.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Checking of individual study results on engaged tasks. In the case of excused absence, the teacher may set in justified cases a make-up condition, usually working out of a partial task.