Design in Power Electric Systems
FEKT-BPEEAcad. year: 2015/2016
Legislature for design, qualification of people working in electrical engineering, creating and use of design documentation for electrical and electrical power devices, orientation in technical details, norms and regulations, appreciating and assessment of work and material, using computer technology for design, dimensioning and protection of electrical networks, protection against contact with dangerous voltage, construction materials used in electrical engineering and the relation to design.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic orientation in the problems of design, starting from legislature, norms, qualification of workers, continuing with selected problems of design in electrical power engineering, wiring designs, electric devices, dimensioning and protecting wiring, drawing electrical schemata, creating lay-outs and technical documentation, creating budgets and work and material price calculations, use of computer technology for design.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Dvořáček, K., Csirik, V.:Projektování elektrických zařízení, Praha IN-EL 1999
Katalogy předních výrobců silnoproudých zařízení - Siemens, Schrack, Moeller, ABB
Příručka pro projektování, montáže a revize, SALTEK 1998, 1999
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every.
Language of instruction
Outline of lectures
1. A general introduction to the design, requirements for independent design.
2. Concepts in design, project, project documentation, drawings.
3. Legislation in the design, standards and regulations, classification of personnel in electrical engineering.
4. Distribution of environmental influences, category.
5. Bills of quantities, budgets, pricing of work and materials, calculations, calculation formulas.
6. Electrical insulation materials in low voltage networks, connecting and interconnecting materials, wires, cables, wiring, materials used in practice, grounding, lightning protection, protective bonding.
7. Designing power distribution. Sizing and protection management.
8. Designing low-voltage switchgear. Design of surge protection.
9. Designing slaboproudýchrozvodů.
10. The tasks of the designer of the future in the energy sector, the overall view of energy issues of today and tomorrow's world.
11. CAD, CAM, CAE, current trends in design.
12. Invited lecture odbroníka of practice.
13. Invited lecture odbroníka of practice.
1. Examples of drawings.
2. Calculation of the design of arresters.
1. Entering the wiring project.
2. Proposal for a wiring diagram, design, design protection.
3. Creation of drawings.
4. Proposal for surge protection.
5. Processing of bills of quantities, valuation work and material.
1. Conventional lighting circuits and socket circuits.
2. The asynchronous motor.
The aim of this course is to make students acquainted with the problems of design in electric power systems and the general terms related to design, especially with creating and elaborating a design, budget planning, learning how to draw a lay-out documentation and the computer aided design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.