FSI-RMCAcad. year: 2011/2012
The course familiarizes students with applications of microprocessors used for measurements and process control. They are expected to have basic knowledge of digital circuits and elementary level of English. The students will widen their knowledge of digital circuits and their use. They will work individually with development systems for the Motorola DSP 56F800 microprocessors and develop programs in the C language. The course is focused on applications of the one-chip microcontrollers, measurement of electric and nonelectric quantities and digital control. Following courses: Robotické soustavy vyšších generací
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Practical use of microprocessors in control of mechatronic processes. Programming of microprocessor in Assembler and C language. A grasp of modern digital control methods of electric drives and robots.
Basics of digital circuits and elementary level of English language
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Motorola: DSP56F801/803/805/807 16-Bit Digital Signal Processor Users Manual
Motorola: DSP56800 16-Bit Digital Signal Procesor Family Manual, Motorola, Inc., 2003 http://motorola.com/semiconductors
Klíma B., Stupka R.: Mikroprocesorová technika v elektrických pohonech. Studijní opora, Elektronický text, VUT Brno - FEKT, 2004
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is awarded on condition of having attended laboratory exercises, passed seminar tests, and worked out an individual project.
Examination: Developing of simple program for microprocessor
Language of instruction
Introduction to the theory and acquiring practical skills with respect to digital circuits and microcomputers
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at laboratory exercises is compulsory, seminar tests
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Number systems - binary system, hexadecimal system, basic operation, Boolean algebra, logic functions
2. Microprocessors, Microprocessor circuits, buses, memories
3. DSP56F800 architecture - arithmetic logic unit
4. DSP56F800 architecture - address generation unit
5. DSP56F800 architecture - program controller, interrupts system
6. Instruction set DSP 56F8000
7. C language, Linker, Program translation.
8. Periphery – I/O port, timer, PWM generator
9. Periphery – A/D converter
10. Periphery - communication interfaces of microprocessors
11. Feedback signal of speed and position sensors processing
12. Algorithms – PSD controller, 1st order higher limiting filter
13. Basics of microprocessor control of electric drives
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction, safety instructions, familiarizing with the workplace
2. Development environment, microprocessor development system I.
3. Development environment, microprocessor development system II.
4. Development kit DSP56F807EVM
5. Arithmetic-logic unit.
6. Program control unit, interrupt system.
7. Address generation unit.
8. I/O port, timer.
9. A/D converter.
10. PWM generator
11. Serial communication RS232.
12. Digital measurement of speed and position
13. Working on individual project, accreditation