SIX - Centre of Sensor, Information and Communication Systems
Centre of Sensor, Information and Communication Systems (SIX) is a common initiative of the Dept. of Radio Electronics, Dept. of Telecommunication, Dept. of Microelectronics and the Dept. of Physics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication, Brno University of Technology.
SIX Centre is focused on the research of communication systems and their components to be operated in emerging frequency bands. Activities of the Centre dominantly cover:
- Research of base-band layer of communication systems: (sub)millimeter-wave propagation, radiation, amplification, filtering and mixing;
- Research of system layer of communication systems: mobile systems, optical systems, satellite systems, and digital TV systems;
- Research of convergence of information and communication technologies;
- Research of acquisition, processing and representation of communication signals to users (acoustic signals, video signals, text information and their combination in multimedia);
- Research of sensing and detecting chemical and biological substances, and physical quantities to be transmitted by communication channels.